1999 Hayabusa

ItsPaul

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Been trying to do some reading about the 1999 Busas vs a lot of suggestion to aim for the 03 and newer.
I see the issues posted for the first models but do these issues go as far as making the 99 a poor buying decision.
I have the opportunity to get a hold of one in almost stock form (just slipons)
With 7000 miles on the clock. A mature rider just traded it in for an adventure bike and just bought the new Vette to still have something fast. The bike just got a fuel pump, oil, fuel system cleaning and has brand new tires and i may be able to pick it up for around 5-6k
I recently had a ZX-14 and now miss the power and commuting on it...
Thanks
Paul

if copper colour, a no brainer.Price is always the main factor...

My 1999 came with a few extra goodies.

BB

Its the Black with Gray one... The copper one is awesome...
Just called state farm and theyre telling me is 302.00 a year for full coverage...
I told him he better double check that... ???

Just had him triple check....
Full coverage 500 deductibles is 356/ year
250 deductibles is 396/ year....
Wow... He had put a gsxr750 since he couldn't find gsx1300r...
Of course it just has "Hayabusa" instead of the model number...
So all is legit i guess... Damn... Hard to beat State Farm...

Only a few things to change on the 99. If you are going to have a passenger then change out the rear subframe to a steel one . Its easy to change and you can swap it out for free with me . the originals are aluminum and can break so drag racers love them for the wieght savings . I will swap you and some cash and cost of shipping if you want. Also State Farm is only 440 a year for me with 500 deductable

Thanks everyone...
Good to know that the weak frame is a bolt on... I dont carry passengers... I get too over cautious and start making mistakes when 2 up... So no more of that for me... I am in and out of town all next week... Going to make an effort to make some kind of deal in between everything.... Wish me luck coming to an agreement... If not.. Theres always another one...
Thanks for the welcome!

:welcome: to the oRg. Sounds like you're buying the fastest color '99. Pretty sure the stock '99 and '00 bikes are the fastest they made.

Best money you can spend on it is get the newer starter conversion asap. Negotiate the price a little lower so you can get it and end up at their buying price. use it to your advantage

Progressive.
370 full coverage 500 deductable 01 busa
300 full coverage 500 deductible 04 apc custom chopper
100 full coverage 500 deductible 12 Polaris atv

Strange thing that busa insurace for you guys.
I got mine insured for € 15,- per month. I am 25 yo.

Come live in Holland :p

Managed to stop by the dealer long enough to snap a pic
On my way out of town....
2q0rpg1.jpg

Only way I would buy a 99 is if it was the gold color. In my area you can grab 02+ busas for 6000 all day long. I have a 01 and would have liked a newer one just for the ECU editor.

Back