Motor build

hayabusa07

Registered
Hi, so I bought my hayabusa about two years ago. It had 6k miles and was in really bad shape. I have been fixing her up and I finally hit a stoping point where I don't know what to do next. I will post pics but after fixing the body up I gave the bike to carpenter racing and they ported the head and put .425 lift cams on both sides. I have an air shifter with an autoshifter also. On the 1/8th it ran a 6.22 at 118mph. I was shooting for a 5.9 or better. My question is what can I or should I do next??

Before

image.jpg

Looks good...if you want to hit a certain time would changing sprockets get you there for a cheap price / it would be super snappy on the street? Or are you wanting to put more money in the engine since you have already added some quality work?

Looks good...if you want to hit a certain time would changing sprockets get you there for a cheap price / it would be super snappy on the street? Or are you wanting to put more money in the engine since you have already added some quality work?

i don't want to dump a whole lot of money in the motor but since my bottom end isn't built and the top end is i was thinking about doing a big bore kit but someone told me it would be better in the long run to not bore it but do je drop in turbo pistons with rods and go the turbo route but i don't believe i am able to do that for a long time so i am just trying to find something simple that wont hurt the motor. i thought about mps's spider nitrous kit with a really low shot but i do not know much about nitrous

Not an expert. You'll need to add fuel to your map too. Talk to someone in the know.

You don't want 2 go big bore and you don't have the$$$ for turbo so Nitrous is really the only option left. Hit up Gixx1300R he has any and everything for your nitrous needs. He's hooked me up with parts and technical advice! Prices are great and he ships fast :thumbsup:

although, a 1441 with those stupid huge cams and a ported head would be money.

Back