Sprockets

MRLIVEWIRE

Registered
Hi anybody got any opinions on what is the best sprocket set-up for faster take off while still keeping most of my top end speed on my 2001 hayabusa? It is extended like 6 inches

I increased 3 out back and dropped 1 up front when i was stretched and i was perfectly fine with it...couldn't say i felt much of a dif at the 'top' end...

Well that can be taken several ways I guess, 16/43 is the 1/4 mile set up, but your bike will probably top out around 160 MPH . Maybe you can clarify what you meant by affecting your top end :laugh:

Dance - YouTube[/url]

it is a give and take relationship...100%... quick launch vs top end

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all a mind game. Dont use a speedohealer and youll look down and see over 180. But as we know with stock gearing showing 180 isnt doing 180.

Keep in mind that Gearing Commander is just a reference.
It states what the gearing is capable of...not the bike.
Engine/hp, rider, rider size and weight, tire condition and size, weather/temp/humidty/wind/ect. all play a big part in just how fast you can go.
If you're a serious land speed racer all this is very important, and you already know it.
If not, as said above, the speedo is not accurate stock anyway. A Speedohealer and/or gps will solve that.
Most of us can easily do 150mph in around or just over a 1/4 mile, and then you have to have room to slow down.
To go 170, 180mph+ is going to take around a mile or more...and much more room to slow down.
Consider 60mph you travel about 88 ft per second, now do the math for 3 times that. That's nearly a football field in a second. Puts things into perspective.
A +3 rear sprocket will still let you do 170's, and give you a noticeable boost in acceleration.
All depends on what you want.:beerchug:

top speed shouldn't matter unless it's drag or landspeed... how many of you ride above 150 for more than a blast,lol. gear for range you use the meat of power in...

You always lose one for the other 16/43 works real good for launches

SuperSprox Stealth Sprocket & Chain: Suzuki Hayabusa | Pashnit Moto

DSC00240_axle_1024.jpg

DSC00240_axle_1024.jpg

Back