Akari MX8, AX11 visor inserts my experience

virkdoc

Registered
Hi guys just thought would post up this information for the E-TINT visor inserts.
I purchased a manual model MX8 and it delivered with air inside the inserts which makes it almost useless....so I contacted Competition accessories from whom i had purchased and they set up a return etc. This had shipped in a plastic packing. picture 1.
Meanwhile others in our group also ordered these from various retailers and out of the 6 more only 3 worked and the other 3 also had the same problem.
The three that worked came in a different packaging.
So curious I contacted E-tint at 330-676-0648 and spoke to a lady called Ysabel. These guys were sooooo helpful....she explained that the MX8 had some flaw and they have replaced the MX8 with the AX11. She said though they had pulled out the MX8 some retailers still had it in stock and they are replacing it free of cost.

She offered to replace my defective visor insert...no questions asked with the newer model AX11 which has an auto and a manual mode. Still waiting for the product will update later. Now thats what I call good business and a great company.

The other guys whose visor inserts are working are extremely happy with the inserts...changes color in split of a second...will post my review soon.
Also picture 2 is the new packing.
Just posting this so someone else would not have to go through the hassle.

Hayabusa.jpg

etint new.jpg

Ok got down to fixing the new AX11 insert....fits much cleaner than the original MX8.Is much bigger in size and I have a shoei X11 and fits the visor perfectly. The wire that connects to the button also is much thinner and flatter.At higher speeds about 150kmph plus when the air gets into the helmet and your vents are open there is some kinda streaking occuring...maybe due to the liquid crystal moving around....overall a big diff riding in the bright sun.

Back