Safety Guys

Thanks for the good reminder.

We can't ride here just yet - but driving recently I can't remember when the pot holes were this bad ever.
It's cold here yet, so they will not start to fix them for another month or so,
and when they do it will take them all summer long because of the large quantity of them.

The roads around here are in rough shape and that is for 4 wheel vehicles.
The only advantage to riding is that some of them can be avoided but sometimes there is no way around them.:banghead:

Be safe out there - it's not worth dying :please:

Wow, I travel that stretch of road all the time. Poor guy. Here one minute, gone the next. We had a 43 degree this week and I saw a few bikes out.

ive been riding to and from work but thats it untill the roads get cleaned up. i drove my route in my truck and checked it out first.

I'm sorry, tempt fate, roll the dice, assume the risk, push the limit....call it what you will...It's too easy to wind up dead. I hope he had no regrets and no children. Sympathy to his family and friends.
Cold.
Callus.
Yep, reality folks.
Ride safe.

my condolences to the rider and his family and friends. pot holes are no joke and at that speed ,not good.

Very sad to read, but after the long winter we've all had, hopefully everyone here knows the roads are hazardous due to the effects of all of the ice, snow, sand and salt.

Just be careful when we all start taking those first rides...

RIP rider... :down:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Condolences to his family and friends.

Riding is a risk that we accept every time we get on a motorcycle.
Paying our taxes is another risk that we take, wondering if it will go towards maintaining our roads.

It's been a long hard winter and people want to ride that first nice day and we own an extreme piece of bike and it tempts the crap out of me every time I crank her, others have much more self control, so please just be careful guys.

You would think in this day and age that we (man as a whole) would have invented a
road surface that will not develop any kind of pot hole or cracking.

So I feel it boils down to job security for road crews!

In the mean time people are killed because of poor road conditions. :cry:

That's my old stomping grounds, I'm sure some of my MN Friends in the riding community there knew him. RIP Rider, sad to see this so early in the year. Be safe everyone...winter road clean ups take a lot longer than you think...sand/potholes/road debris all needs a good cleaning and several rains before its really getting safe to ride...

Back