Keep breaking the #7 clip on Gen 1 undercowling assembly!

02BusaMark

Registered
Can someone tell me how to keep from breaking the push-pin on the neck of the frame everytime I pull the fairing off to change the oil???

is this the clip in question\?

clip.jpg

try putting some grease inside it. when they get dry and dirty they will break all the time. i dont grease mine but i have a tool box full of them. but there rarely break on my bike. u could be prying to hard to fast also

You have to remove the entire pin :dunno: :laugh:

Stop removing the fairing to change the oil ???

That's all i got, been up for 27 hrs.

I take the whole pin out of the center before I remove the sleeve from the frame; I install the opposite way, sleeve first then the pin.

Yes, that is the pin. I've tried both ways, and broke the most recent way when popping the pin but not pulling the pin all the way out of the sleeve. I've been buying them two at a time for the next time I break one. Funny, it had a broken push pin when I bought the bike...

also they just need the center pulled up just a click then pull on the fairing to pop the clip out. dont pull on the clip itself if u can avoid it. that will just make it tighter as u pull. once u figure them out they are not so bad. i work in auto body. im really tired is seeing clips instead of bolts these days !

Back