Is it just me?

Roddie

Registered
It seems to me that the used market for Hayabusa's has slowed down considerable, to the point where resale value is now affected. I know here in Saskatchewan Canada our insurance has risen drastically. Anyone else have similar thoughts or is experiencing this right now?

Not so much here. If anything with Spring around the corner, things are picking up. Still finding '08 Busas for like $7500 which is way too much in my opinion. It's 6 years old for God's sake.

Yeah I think the 08 busas hold their value so well because up until last year the bike remained unchanged....

Now that the 2013+ are coming with ABS and Brembo calipers I imagine the price will drop significantly. Seems like every other thread is somebody getting rid of their busas. With the market flooded and other bikes with new bells and whistles I expect to see them selling for cheap here soon :whistle:

I can't give away my 07 turbo bike...with way to many extra parts / aftermarket parts etc...I don't have the time to ride it and at some point I'd was comfortable just keeping the thing. Someday somebody will get a heck of a deal....

I don't blame you!!! A turbo bike will always be a TURBO bike...:rulez:

It don't matter how old or what new LED this or ABS that comes along Turbo trumps all that IMO :laugh:

I can't give away my 07 turbo bike...with way to many extra parts / aftermarket parts etc...I don't have the time to ride it and at some point I'd was comfortable just keeping the thing. Someday somebody will get a heck of a deal....
I hear ya, I have wanted an LSR ride since '06. My problems is coming up with the cash because there's no money to be made, just a personal goal to achieve. The best thing you could probably do is part it out. Guys put 35K + into a 10K bike and can't get 15K for them. It;s insane. I have been tempted so many times. Thinking I'll need close to 400 ponies to do what I want to do, and I'm not a jockey at 300 lbs geared up, so no free rides in my future :laugh:

Yeah your right Dado! Best thing to do if you do a turbo or High performance build is keep all your stock parts on a shelf in your garage. That way if and when you decide to get rid of it convert it back to stock and sell all the goodies on here or another forum like Psycho Bike. You might not get all your money but you'll get more than some of the low ball offers I seen for tricked out turbo bikes :whistle:

Back