Best March day in years (UK)

gtfire

Registered
We have just had one of the best ever March days 19'c (don't laugh Florida) and wall to wall cloudless blue skys and to top it off it's a Sunday. So went for a 100mile blast to the coast and back, had an ice cream with about 10'000 other's but this is the sort of day that makes riding bikes fantastic. Loads of bikes on the road a few speed traps but I sort of now there hideouts so no worries.
Any other brits enjoyed this unbelievable March day?

Just got in from lunch. Bikes everywhere. I'm stranded , down in the back :banghead:

Wife refuses to let me out ........... Pain Killer, Nerve Pain Killer, two or three other meds

I was stationed in the England for 6 years just north of Cambridge and just could not get used to the weather. In GA today, it is 72 degrees and sunny. Although, it was nice to pick up and go see a theater performance in the west end of London on a spur of the moment decision, nothing can compare to home.

Glad to hear some of our site members are riding. Here where I am located in NY, there is so much sand, salt and other crap on the roads even if it was warm enough to ride, it will be June before the rains have washed the roads clean enough to ride on. The towns complained they were running out of salt and sand for the roads. No wonder when they spread this crap an inch thick on every road even before we get an inch of accumulated snow. I need a "beater" bike, one I would not mind getting dirty and grit blasted by raod crap so I could do some early season riding. Ride safe!!!!

Jim

Wasn't it fantastic?

I was out all weekend.

My neck began to hurt from nodding like a nodding dog to all of the passing bikes: the roads of North Yorkshire were just packed with bikes Saw loads of people teetering about on new rubbers, breaking them in for the season. On Sat I told the missus I was off to the shops, got on the bike, got home 6 hours later. Same again on Sunday.

Errr, same again today as it happens! I work for myself and so spend a lot of time in my home office; woke up, looked out, thought, "Screw work!" and hit the twisties. Just back in.

When the weather is like this, there is nowhere else on earth that I would rather be. :)

There were loads of bikes about down here but mines still awaiting repairs so I couldn't enjoy it :-( Hopefully this weather will last!

Gah, four Brits: one needing to fix his bike, another in bed ill. Sort it out guys, we need more bikes on the road :)

Sous: You get used to it. The ****e days define the really good ones: we seriously appreciate the sun over here!

Rx1Jim: Hurts just thinking about that. Summer's on its way mate.

And to the Brits on here: the long term forecast is for a belter of a summer, they are saying the hottest on record. Fingers crossed eh?

Gah, four Brits: one needing to fix his bike, another in bed ill. Sort it out guys, we need more bikes on the road :)

Sous: You get used to it. The ****e days define the really good ones: we seriously appreciate the sun over here!

Rx1Jim: Hurts just thinking about that. Summer's on its way mate.

And to the Brits on here: the long term forecast is for a belter of a summer, they are saying the hottest on record. Fingers crossed eh?

Let's hope so. Unfortunately mine needs £3000 worth of work thanks to a twat in a white van that had me off and didn't stop :-) Still it should be on the road in about a month!

Jeez, you OK?

I take it that his insurance is covering this?

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't stop... ouch, that's just crap.

Then I take it YOUR insurance is covering the repairs?

Yep, just taking a bit of time over it. Mind you it gives me time to heal up! The garage will hold onto it as long as I need and won't charge storage!

Worst March that I can remember here, brutal cold that just wouldn't quit. Finally the road today is ice free, 5C, got out for the first ride of the year. Felt good.

Rizy52: Get back on your ride as quick as you can mate, the longer you leave it the more daunting it seems. I've trashed a tonne of bikes over the years: come off on bends being stupid or overambitious (or both), been t-boned a couple of times, etc. Remember writing off a GS750 years ago (t-boned by a Mondeo) and called a friend who happened to be the president of a well known MCC. He shows up in a transit, picks what's left of the bike up, takes me back to his place, gives me a cuppa and then gestures toward a GT750 in his garden, "That's your ride home". I was mangled, shaking and the LAST thing I wanted to do was get on a bike, but he forced me to: best move he could have made :)

Hope it gets sorted soon. I have some spare parts in my garage that you could have had, but if it's being done on insurance you shouldn't need anything (I'm assuming).

Mikbusa: If the ice is clearing, then summer is on its way...

Rizy52: Get back on your ride as quick as you can mate, the longer you leave it the more daunting it seems. I've trashed a tonne of bikes over the years: come off on bends being stupid or overambitious (or both), been t-boned a couple of times, etc. Remember writing off a GS750 years ago (t-boned by a Mondeo) and called a friend who happened to be the president of a well known MCC. He shows up in a transit, picks what's left of the bike up, takes me back to his place, gives me a cuppa and then gestures toward a GT750 in his garden, "That's your ride home". I was mangled, shaking and the LAST thing I wanted to do was get on a bike, but he forced me to: best move he could have made :)

Hope it gets sorted soon. I have some spare parts in my garage that you could have had, but if it's being done on insurance you shouldn't need anything (I'm assuming).

Mikbusa: If the ice is clearing, then summer is on its way...

Cheers mate. At the moment the only hinderence is my shoulder, I bust it in a couple of places and got some nerve damage. The nerves are kicking back to life but they are being oinched by a bone fragment. They are trying to sort it out with physio but it may have to get cut out. Not sure yet. All the other injuries are healed now apart from that.

I'll be ok on the bike just at the moment I don't have the strength in my left shoulder. It'll be before summer one way or the other.

Hope it's true about our summer I ride all year and I was getting a little p"""""""d off about the weather for the last 5 months so here's to a hot one if anyone says it's to hot I will be tempted to ***** slap them

I ride year round as well, and rode to Florida in Jan with a starting temp of 17 degrees F. Last summer it rained nearly every day. Hope this year is better. The rain was a blessing and kept the temps down, but I'd rather have a few dry days a week anyway. :laugh:

Back