My 'New Guy' thread from Lincoln NE!

KyleJ

Registered
Hey guys, new guy here from the heartland. I've been posting a bit, reading a lot and browsing around the classified section. I'm 23 and looking for a Busa for taking my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) on some 2up touring with my family and their pack of cruisers. I do most my own work and I've been riding street bikes since I was 16. Last estimation was roughly 40k miles covered this lifetime.

Current bikes include:
2006 Kawasaki ZX14. I bought this from a long time drag racer. I am in the process of parting out all the drag racing parts and putting it back to stock-ish. I don't really have a direction for it yet, just been a side project that I tinker with here and there. It was a two time PMRA drag racing champion in 2007 and 2008.

My daily/commuter is a 2005 KTM 625-SMC Supermoto. Factory street legal motard. Took me reallll long time to find one and I love it to death. Wouldn't part with this bike for the world. It's a strange little piece of machinery. It's like riding a paint shaker most times with a 625cc motor and no balance shaft. It tings, pops and clicks the whole time it's running. The suspension has tons of travel, the brakes are way to much for city riding, the power is abrupt and the gear box is narrow. Individually it's a basket case but put it all together and it's a marvelous motorcycle.

I also have a CRF450r. Pretty basic 2009 with full exhaust and a flashed PCM. Pretty much just for trail riding and general mayhem.

Past bikes include but not limited to a 2004 Kawasaki ZX10r, 2005 Kawasaki 636 (the green one), 2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2005 Yamaha R6 and a few that I've bought/fixed up and sold in between.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Love the atmosphere on this forum, hope to be around for a while!

:welcome: to the board...that '05 Supermoto sounds like a fun ride :beerchug:

Joe Bird's 14. It almost had 2 PMRA championships on it in 2007. I ended up with one of them.

Joe Bird's 14. It almost had 2 PMRA championships on it in 2007. I ended up with one of them.

Yes sir. Still hasn't even rolled over 1k miles. I bought it from Joe himself. I have found a bunch of pictures of it back in it's glory days.

Welcome to the org. Its always nice to get new members. Seems like you have had some nice bikes. Best of luck finding a busa to add to your stable. Welcome again

Yes sir. Still hasn't even rolled over 1k miles. I bought it from Joe himself. I have found a bunch of pictures of it back in it's glory days.

You will find a bunch of pictures of it on this site.
here is the gallery Member Racing - Hayabusa Owners Group Gallery @ Hayabusa Owners Group

Joe Bird
displayimage.php

Joe Shaffer out for a test drive on Bird's bike.
displayimage.php

Welcome! I know of an 08 near you with 4K miles, excellent shape, $7000. I almost bought it and maybe should have. He still had it in January, not sure if he still has it. Let me know if you want contact info.

Ed in Iowa

welcome! I know of an 08 near you with 4k miles, excellent shape, $7000. I almost bought it and maybe should have. He still had it in january, not sure if he still has it. Let me know if you want contact info.

Ed in iowa

YES please!

Bought it Sunday evening. I have a few friends at star city, I was offered a pretty decent price on that '12 but I just really don't like that color. I did take my lady up there for her to sit on it with me though.

Back