Busa project Buy or not?

gnappi

Registered
There's an 01 busa in a local pawn shop that's been dropped several times so its fairings, and windscreen are toast as is the tank. It's $2500 out the door and I'd like a project bike and I'm wondering if I should leave it or get it. I'm going there tomorrow to charge the battery and get the mileage.

Anyone?

DO IT!! Buy the $300 chinese fairings on Ebay and ride the snot outta it!

by the list of bikes you have in your description, it looks like you enjoy tinkering with bikes that have some age .. if motor, trans and frame check out.. i say enjoy...

but try and get it for $1,800...

:thumbsup:

Look over the frame if you are going to put it on the street. Is it a salvage? I think FL has some strict laws on salvage bikes.

^^^ exactly....

$2500 might sound like a deal, hell even 2k but when you factor in all the maintenance needed 2 get it up and running reliably, fairings, and more than likely tranny needing undercut your quickly looking @ the price of a perfectly fine nothing wrong ready 2 turn key and go busa :whistle:

So if your goal is 2 buy and slowly repair and build it back then perhaps but if U plan on buying and riding it in the immediate future U may want 2 take pause. With fixer uppers it's not the big expensive parts that kill you it's the little things that have a habit of creeping up in the most inopportune times nickle & diming you 2 death

Back