high mileage busa

tuggnuts

Registered
So I have been riding a gsxr 750 for a while now and want to move onto a more distance-friendly bike since I do a lot of commuting. I want to buy a busa, i rode one and fell in love with it, I'm a big guy so smaller bikes I feel like I'm sloppily curled over a small contraption, but on the busa i feel like I'm ridin' a caddy :thumbsup: I want this bike so bad but due to financial issues my budget is limited. Friend of a friend is selling his busa, 2003 35k miles. it looks like it has been very well take care of. I talked him down to 4k and won't budge. solid investment? Saw other threads that busa's are solid bikes for high miles but just getting another opinion cause theres no way I'd buy a gsxr with 35k lol. Don't have any pics of the bike but its the blue/silver and has chrome wheels and it stock besides yoshi 2-1 pipe.

if well maintained i wouldnt worry about a thing. bikes are just like cars take care of em and theyll last. i know people with over 100k on suzuki's not a busa but 2 tl1000r's and an rf900..

I'm at 30+k (don't remember exactly) and have not always been as good as I am to her now. Bottom line I don't worry about riding anywhere. 4k for my area would be a great nearing summer price. I would do it.

I have 40000kms(25000miles) without an issue yet.
I am on my second set of chain/sprockets. Other than that and tires and exhaust, it is all original.

I expect more than 160,000kms out of this bike, easily.

I have a coworker with more than 40K and says the bike holds up quite well. It's also his only form of transportation so it needs to be reliable.

I lurk more than post around here but there are a lot of folks who put a LOT of miles on their bikes. I never had a gen 1 but have 42k miles on an 09 and nothing is even out of spec yet. I can think of a couple members with over 100k miles on their bikes gen 1 bikes. Enjoy it!

had an 01' with 30k and now an 08' with 25k. both of them are/is holding up well like the day i bought them. welcome! :beerchug:

I am selling a 08 with 32K miles on it and it looks and runs like it did when it was new. The problem is that most sport bikes don't live very long because of crashing or just getting beat on. People are afraid to get into anything with more than 10K miles, which is silly.

It all depends on how the bike was maintained and rode during those 34K miles, that is all there is to it. I ride my Hayabusa 600 miles a week just to work and back. Some bikes are kept in the garage, others are on the road.

Like others have said, it really depends how the bike was maintained. With 35K miles and reasonable maintenance and ridden by an ADULT there should be lots of miles left in the bike.

Hold on, my Busa is adult ridden, I've spanked her every time I've turned the key and she's as strong as she ever was at 46K :whistle:

Wonderful news. I can't wait for these ridiculously stupid amounts of salt to get off the roads (Ohio blows) so I can take this baby on a test ride and hopefully purchase her. Thanks for the help!

2009 w/ 47,500 and runs well. As said prior, good maintenance, respect and care will ensure many miles of tearing it up!

Good luck w/ your purchase!:thumbsup:

IMG_4068.jpg

Back