Checking in on the site... How are things working around here?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey folks,
It's been very busy around my world lately and I come to the site daily but with the time I have am am usually working out small issues for members or working on the servers... I know we moved over to this new server a few months ago but wanted to check with you all and see how things are going.. Do you all have any issues or features that are not working? Just wanting to make sure we get things really fixed and working before the spring rush comes in...

Your thoughts / Suggestions?

Captain

Not sure if its just me but i don't get email updates on posts anymore and the new post view doesn't seem to show any new posts.

If I edit a post the site locks up and I have to log out and back in again.
If I reply to a post, that thread then disappears completely from the org until someone else posts on it again.
If I reply again, same thing.
Sometimes I can access them again by going through my recent posts, but usually not until a day has passed.
This happens using Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
No other sites give me any problems, only here.
My computer works fine otherwise, the problem is only with the org.
Thanks.

If I edit a post the site locks up and I have to log out and back in again.
If I reply to a post, that thread then disappears completely from the org until someone else posts on it again.
If I reply again, same thing.
Sometimes I can access them again by going through my recent posts, but usually not until a day has passed.
This happens using Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
No other sites give me any problems, only here.
My computer works fine otherwise, the problem is only with the org.
Thanks.

Sorry but this is a new "Feature" the developers thought were a good idea... The concept is that a new post would be anything you don't already know about. So if you make a post it will not show up in the list if you were the last person to comment... If nothing has changed since you last posted then there isn't anything "New" about it.. Well thats the logic anyway... I hate it too!

Not sure if its just me but i don't get email updates on posts anymore and the new post view doesn't seem to show any new posts.

Email subscriptions are working so I am curious if maybe you might be blocking the site in email... You might also have to re subscribe since we moved to a new server... nothing on the server would affect your old subscriptions unless there was some sort of code accepted at the server level... You might try clearing your history, closing the browser, reopening and subscribing to a new thread just to test the functionality...

Cap...

Email subscriptions are working so I am curious if maybe you might be blocking the site in email... You might also have to re subscribe since we moved to a new server... nothing on the server would affect your old subscriptions unless there was some sort of code accepted at the server level... You might try clearing your history, closing the browser, reopening and subscribing to a new thread just to test the functionality...

Cap...

Uisng Gmail so i will check a few things. Thanks for the reply!

Back