Bike Suggestions

ThrottleJockey

Registered
I know for my first real sport bike I'm not gonna want a super sport like a GSXR or anything to high, but people keep mentioning ninjas and well I like the CBR's. Would a CBR 250 be good for a beginner? Any first hand experience between the two or with one of them would be great as I want to make a good choice in the bike I'm going to get.

You came on a Busa site to find out what the best first bikes are? Honestly, that's smart. Not many of us chose a Busa as a first. Go with a 600 or a 750. You'll grow out of it QUICK if you go with a 250 or something. Start with that, work your way up. Also, go used. Don't buy a NEW first bike. It will disappoint you because you could have had the money you paid for it, to put into a used one to make YOUR'S the way YOU want it

So let me get this straight..... you've never ridden a street bike before and you don't want to start out on a "powerful" bike like a GSXR so you join a hayabusa forum to ask about Honda CBR 250's...

I'm sorry but this has Troll written all over it. :bs:

So let me get this straight..... you've never ridden a street bike before and you don't want to start out on a "powerful" bike like a GSXR so you join a hayabusa forum to ask about Honda CBR 250's...

I'm sorry but this has Troll written all over it. :bs:

Rotflmao busa1 u nailed

:laugh:

internet-troll.jpg

You guys chill out...he is asking a worth while question. If you plan is to upgrade to a busa later, look at the Bandits, great bikes and not covered in expensive plastics. What have you been riding if not on street bikes? There are many great bikes out there that would fit the bill.

The type of bike does make a difference, but not nearly as much as how you ride/learn the bike and how much you respect the power. I learned on a GSX-R 600, then moved up to a Hayabusa 1.5 years later. To this day I do not let the power of the Hayabusa (or the 600 for that matter) put me in a bad situation. Go with what you feel is right, not what others are telling you is right for you.

In the end, it is your money, your desire and your life. Respect the power of any bike you obtain and learn.

P.S. - Wear your gear, I have been down twice and would probably be dead if I had not had on my leather jacket, helmet, boots and gloves.

Ninja 250's can be gotten for the cheap! GS500's, Ninja 500's (EX500) etc. SV650 if bought right.

You can't go wrong with a CBR250, but you most likely won't find one cheap, and you'll be ready to upgrade in a matter on months, trust us. 250's are fun, but not when all your new riding buddies have 600's. :laugh:

:welcome: to the org.

get a 600 great first bike no matter what brand . My sons all started on a 600 yamaha and a 600 gsx. take a safety course and wear your gear

I would buy used because it will go down even if its just a tip over in the garage and that sucks happening to the brand new bike you paid so much for. I started off on a gs500f. I don't think I would ever go any smaller than that. If you don't want a powerful 600 I have heard nothing but great things about the ninja 650

A 600 with adjustable suspension, and preferably fuel injection.
They aren't too powerful, even for a beginner, it's all in the wrist.

Back