Paint Ideas

Dscahill

Registered
Hello all! It's about time to tear down my Busa and repaint it, but what color?

I was thinking of doing something with black for the main color and hot pink decals, but my question is what variations of black would look good? Maybe black with metallic pink flakes? pearl Black? I'm looking for suggestions of aesthetics, a topic I'm not all that gifted in..

thanks!

-D

Maybe Copper And Black. The dupont jet black with the salleen mustang copper would be great.

I was thinking black with the pink decals like this picture, only all black (no pink paint)

-D

Pink & black 2.jpg

If you are set on pink look up a Cadillac pink...you could add a bit of red / red shade blue to it and some mica to help it pop...a fine white mica / pearl in the pink would look great. In the black any small amount of mica / pearl...a small % or a few grams per qt will stand out. Straight black looks great but requires clean booth to shoot in it...just for an idea it would look unique in a matte black with gloss pink design.

No offense but what is with the pink? ???

I've seen pink bikes cars truck etc. and while it has a bit of a shock factor initially I gotta say the novelty of it wears off real quick and then ur just known as the guy who drives a pink bike :whistle:

for me i like pink. for my bike yes im know as the guy with the pink bike. at bike nites i get respece for being different. i also like to be seen so i dont get run over. theres more to it then just being weird. it took many years for me to finally go pink but it works and most people like it.

for me i like pink. for my bike yes im know as the guy with the pink bike. at bike nites i get respece for being different. i also like to be seen so i dont get run over. theres more to it then just being weird. it took many years for me to finally go pink but it works and most people like it.

My wife gets mad at me because I will not put pink hand grips on a 4 wheeler then ride with the local red necks...but you gotta do what makes you happy as long as you are comfortable with it!

I have yet to do it but I like the look of pink and mint green accents with a black background..I would load a few coats of clear then do the design so I could sand it off and buff back the all black + to ease repair work if it got scratched or other surface mars...

alight, my painter and I have talked, or he talked me into trying something different. White/Silver marble. (the picture is red but you get the idea)

11111111-8sm.jpg

alight, my painter and I have talked, or he talked me into trying something different. White/Silver marble. (the picture is red but you get the idea)

If you like "texture" ideas, look up painted brushed steel/aluminum. Can be kinda cool for a mechanical look.

No offense but what is with the pink? ???

I've seen pink bikes cars truck etc. and while it has a bit of a shock factor initially I gotta say the novelty of it wears off real quick and then ur just known as the guy who drives a pink bike :whistle:
somthn tells me not too many guys think his bike is gay.....:oops:

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpeg

Never said nothing about pink being a "gay" color.... A Lot of guys are wearing pink 4 sum reason that aren't gay, they like to be referred 2 as "Metrosexuals" :laugh: But historically pink has been associated as a feminine color..... pink bows, pink dresses, pink barbie houses etc.

Regardless gay or straight it don't matter Pink and Hayabusa don't work 4me. That's my opinion/ preference and I'm entitled to it. As nice of bike it is that you posted I would never be seen on a hot pink motorcycle. I understand the need 4 individuals 2 stand out or be noticed but it ain't 4 me i'll find another way.....:whistle:

In high school my buddy restored a 67 Camaro RS.
He had it painted black with pearl pink Z28 stripes.

It looked really good.

Back