front fork measurement

jch364

Registered
I was wondering if someone might know what the measurement is on the front forks from the bottom of the forks say at the axle to the wheel up the forks to the bottom of the triple tree. Maybe if someone has a sec can measure theirs if they have not moved them from stock. The reason I asked is that I had at one point lowered the front end by loosening the triple tree and never thought to measure that first or mark it with anything so when i put them back im not exactly sure that i got the height correct. in fact i think i might be just a little high but im just not sure. any help would be great thanks

The only measurement i know is 75,87mm so 3"
from leg 52,0mm Dia upwards > and begins 50,00mm Dia.
So from the first place were the leg 50,00mm begins , you must make measurement 3 " up.
Till bottum black upper plate , the rest is for free play plastic damping in the orginal Upper plate.

I hope someone has a picture for you

Greets & Tulips from Holland
Than you have stock lenght and you see

Wish I could help...I have the schnitz top clamp...I used a digi caliper and made the two fork tubes equal (what protruded past the clamp). It seems there would be a starting point in the manual...as far as a table of rebuilding dimensions.

The only measurement i know is 75,87mm so 3"
from leg 52,0mm Dia upwards > and begins 50,00mm Dia.
So from the first place were the leg 50,00mm begins , you must make measurement 3 " up.
Till bottum black upper plate , the rest is for free play plastic damping in the orginal Upper plate.

I hope someone has a picture for you

Greets & Tulips from Holland
Than you have stock lenght and you see

Damn, I'm confussed? :shocked:

If the gen II is like the Gen I it shouldn't matter. You slide the fork tubes down, remove the risers, reinstall the top clamp, and let the fork tubes slide back up as far as they'll go, tighten everything up. I'm out of town with the bike no tape, sry.

gotta be a measurement some place. i got the manual some were ill give it a look i guess

Back