Copycat Ripoffs...Chinese garbage-cycles

The Gribbler

Registered
Ok, I understand that China can manufacture things cheaply. I understand that in some circumstances quality has improved. BUT COME ON. It irritates me how little they respect other country's patents. They will manufacture things from America, Japan, ETC to the end of a contract, then continue manufacturing it without regard. In some cases Chinese companies will blatantly copy other companies brands, names, designs, etc. The government turns a blind eye.

I got these pictures off of ads on "Alibaba" which is a wholesale Manufacturer to business distribution/ supply chain/ + bunch of other stuff site. They even do it with cars. The bikes dont have the same internals as the original counterparts. Many of them have bizarre displacements. Look familiar? ???

2012_china_green_DOTautomatic_250cc_motorcycle_HS250GS.jpg

cbr knockoff 2.jpg

cbr knockoff repsol.jpg

CBR Knockoff.jpg

Last edited:
There government doesn't turn a blind eye. China is like Mexico.. Extremely lenient copyright laws, what their doing isn't braking their laws....only ours.

Back in the 60's you couldn't buy much that wasn't made in Japan, now-a-days if you're a consumer, you are buying China

Those bikes look like they should have pedals on them and all of the SUVs look like at least 2-3 other SUVs put together as one. Germany should make one of those Porsche, VW, Jaguar SUVs.

Back