Yoshi carbon cans less baffles.

Busalude

Registered
Ok so I have a question that I would love to have some input. So I came across what I think is a good deal. But there is a catch. And it kinda has me a little worried. The exhaust is a yoshi r77 carbon system but the baffles have been removed. Now with the baffles removed can I expect any negative effects on either the bike or to the carbon can itself?

I've been running my R77's for about 15K miles, you're supposed to repack the baffles every 5K or something ridiculous like that. Mine are much louder than they were the day I put them on.

Don't worry about the Busa caring if they have baffles. My carbon is a little discolored, but I haven't been the happiest with the carbon on the cans from day one. I wouldn't worry about it. You can always re-pack them yourself.

I'd like to see a pic of what they are considering "removed" as far as the baffles go too. There isn't an easy way to actually remove them without taking apart the entire can. Hmmm....

The cans were removed and the actual metal baffle was cut out. So basically it's just the carbon canister and that's it

Just to double check. There is a silencer for the 77, then there is the metal exhaust outlet that keeps the hot exhaust off the carbon tip and flowing smooth. Was it the inner pipe, or the actual silencer? You should still see a thin metal pipe if it was a silencer. If the outlet pipe was cut or removed (removing would make the packing fly out if I remember correctly) it is avail to purchase separately I believe. And I know the silencer is.

When you look down the pipe you can see the actual baffle.

image.jpg

So you are missing the end cap entirely. Should work fine but it looks like crap compared to a complete can.

Repacking the cans is not hard. Nothing looks worse than browned out carbon G. The kit costs like 50 bucks direct from yosh.

The end cap is there. Just the silencer is missing. The only way you see anything different is if you walk up to the bike and stare down into it. I have checked with yoshi r&d the silencer can be bought separately for only like $30. And for a complete system for $700 how can I refuse. If it's too loud which I doubt it will be I can always get replacement parts. There are less than 500 miles on the system and with the silencer removed the cans won't heat up as much. So I'm not too worried about browning the carbon canister.

It won't be too loud. NOBODY runs those little silencer end caps. I hate loud ratty sounding pipes (Brocks alien head :hide: ) and the Yosh's sound perfect without the silencer in 'em.

Now my biggest battle... I have a choice between a single can system that has a few more miles on it or a dual system. Both are r77 Both are about the same price.... Decisions decisions...... I think my head is going to explode...:blowingup: I need :easy:

I'm partial to a dual exhaust on a busa. They didn't offer a full system dual exhaust in an R77 though. Make sure it's a full system and if it is, it must have Vance and Hines headers or some other brand made to work.

The 4-1 exhaust would most likely be a full Yosh system.

Back