A reminder of why you should stop

Never ever worth that risk...it's such a shame, and I'm thankful he didn't take anyone else with him.

:down:

If you are saying that the deceased is riding a stolen busa, my sympathy goes to zero and I chalk it up to Karma.....

If you are saying that the deceased is riding a stolen busa, my sympathy goes to zero and I chalk it up to Karma.....

It was stolen but that doesn't change the fact that he died. I wouldn't feel sorry for him in the slightest for doing prison time but I do feel for his family because he had to learn the hard way. motorcycles can be replaced, life cannot. Stolen or not this kid was too young to die from being stupid.

Child rapists/murders deserve to die...thieves? 'Eh, not so much in my book...wow skydivr, don't become a judge :whistle:

I know vabs it sounds harsh, but I just don't like bike thieves much

I know vabs it sounds harsh, but I just don't like bike thieves much

I'm pretty sure none of us like 'em at all, but I don't think we wish 'em dead or just pass it off as "oh well, got yours"...

That's not very Christian of you :whistle: :hide:

well I am am athirst so I'll say it without fear of denial at the pearly gates. he had it coming. just because it doesn't fire bullets doesn't mean it's not a weapon in the wrong hands. I can promise you this wasn't his first offense, just 1 he got caught doing. what if he was 2 seconds faster and clipped the mustang in the door and killed an innicent women on her way to work? fact is he was a criminal that put a whole bunch of people in danger for his own selfish reasons. while I feel bad for his family for losing a son/brother/cousin etc. I rejoice in knowing one more criminal is gone and not in a tax payer funded country club whining and crying when someone else violates his civil rights or some crap like that. As far as I am concerned if you put that many people in danger (everyone he passed on the highway while fleeing the law) he deserves a death sentence. then again I have been called a heartless bastid before. I just feel the prison funding would be better spent on schools

Man, I hope you guys don't have kids and if you do that they don't do something stupid in their teenage/young adult years...because they have it coming and deserve to die if they do.

well I am am athirst so I'll say it without fear of denial at the pearly gates. he had it coming. just because it doesn't fire bullets doesn't mean it's not a weapon in the wrong hands. I can promise you this wasn't his first offense, just 1 he got caught doing. what if he was 2 seconds faster and clipped the mustang in the door and killed an innicent women on her way to work? fact is he was a criminal that put a whole bunch of people in danger for his own selfish reasons. while I feel bad for his family for losing a son/brother/cousin etc. I rejoice in knowing one more criminal is gone and not in a tax payer funded country club whining and crying when someone else violates his civil rights or some crap like that. As far as I am concerned if you put that many people in danger (everyone he passed on the highway while fleeing the law) he deserves a death sentence. then again I have been called a heartless bastid before. I just feel the prison funding would be better spent on schools

How is this guy speeding away from the cops any different from the many times Im sure you've speed past cars on your bike? Speeding is speeding and you are risking other peoples lives just like that guys was. Should we say you have it coming and deserve a death sentence for it?

No...a speeding ticket and loss of license is the appropriate punishment for that.

Just like this young man (repeat offender or not, Christian or not) should have done some time for his BS stunt. I am by no means condoning what this criminal did (I cant stand thieves), I'm simply stating that he didn't deserve to die for his VERY stupid decision...or shall I say several stupid decisions.

I'm pretty sure none of us like 'em at all, but I don't think we wish 'em dead or just pass it off as "oh well, got yours"...

That's not very Christian of you :whistle: :hide:

No, it's not...And I'd get struck by lightning if I said I never rode in a manner that might not injure someone else (nor can most who have ever ridden at a Bash) as I'm certainly NOT the shining example of Christianity, nor have ever claimed to be. He should have pulled over and taken his medicine. He didn't and he's now paid the ultimate price for it. Damn shame but he rolled the dice and lost.

Yes Charlie, I have a daughter. I'm lucky some of the stupid stuff I did as a teenager, and stupid stuff I still do didn't/hasn't killed me (yet). Just blind luck or fate. I HOPE she shares in the luck I've had. But, if she goes out and robs a bank and gets killed by the cops, I'm going to morn as any father who loses his child, but I'm not going to be claiming she didn't get the absolute worst of what she potentially had coming to her.

The OP was written I think with the original intent of "IT'S NOT WORTH DYING OVER" and I agree with that assessment.

I can honestly say without hesitation that I have never sped last cars on my bike. yes I have last many, and yes I have done it while speeding I do not in any circumstance do it in traffic or in areas where I endanger others. I have buried the needle on my bike admittedly, on a very long stretch if empty highway that I went down twice in both direction looking for hidden obstacles. there is a time and a place for almost everything. Public roads durning morning commute is not one of them. Regardless of outcome the punishment should be the same. If I endanger that many people like that I expect to endure only the strictest of punishment up to and including the death penalty. Problem is there are no penalties anymore, no fear of a crime. prisons are so over populated with petty criminals the justice system lets you go on your merry way only to escalate the next crime. While I expect no one to share my views, they are quite extreme I'll admit, I still feel he got what he had coming. Riding a bike at a rate of speed so excessive the police won't pull you over for safety reasons is the first clue that your definitely a huge risk to everyone around you. Then running a red light so fast that you hit a vehicle weighting 4 times or more as much as you do sending it into another vehicle and then sending the second vehicle off course also clearly speaks to his views on others lives and safety. How many times have news stories like this surfaced where the offender has a multi-page criminal record most involving violent offenses and impared driving and theft? at what point does a criminal to from "stupid mistake" to "social Parriah?"

I could be wrong, this may have been a first offense, there may be a mis understanding, it wouldn't be the first time a news report was incorrect. I could also be a heartless bastid. I'm just tired of criminals being treated with kid gloves instead of the iron fist needed to change society from a "it wasn't your fault" to a "own your actions and pay the price" type of justice system we all sorely need

The OP was written I think with the original intent of "IT'S NOT WORTH DYING OVER" and I agree with that assessment.[/QUOTE]

I think your right, and while I am happy to banter with all who choose to via PM as long as it remains civil, you are all entitled to an opinion and I won't judge you for it, I choose not reply here and take away from the OP any more then I already have. didn't mean to hijack the thread. my apologies for that.

I could be wrong, this may have been a first offense

I would be willing to bet my paycheck that you sir, are not wrong on this! I agree with you on everything you've just said (to include you being a heartless bastid, lol...J/K) except the part where he deserved to die. Our justice systems does fail us many times over with these types of cases but death??? That's a hard pill for me to sallow and I'm pro-death sentence. Im pro just about everything when it comes to being tougher on criminals and repeat offenders. Our country would be doing much better if enforced the laws that already exist. Ask any of the Leo we have around her how many times they arrest a perp only to have the DA drop the case or lower it to something petty to make it go away.

Lets triple the amount of prisons and make these criminal think twice about what they are doing.

If you get sentenced to death lets give you 12 months to appeal and put you down, none of this 12 years later crap.

Our youth today have no respect for others or there property and want everything handed to them for life being "not fair". Most of that fall onto their lazy parents but a large % of it fall on the fact they the courts slap them on the wrist too many times......Im going off topic so I'll shut up.

I just feel sorry for this kids family and the families of everyone effected by this. Death is a very serious punishment meant for the most serious offences. I do not conceder a stolen motorcycle and felony flight warrants a death sentence.........It was a stupid decision and I feel its a shame the kid died for it (and yes still consider a 24 year old a kid/young adult who is trying to learn from life's experiences/lessons).

Should have pulled over and accepted the punishment given. for the Stolen Bike.

RIP you lousy thief!

It saddens me to see anyone die if they have not contributed to their own demise. I have no sympathy for this thief who has no one but himself to blame for his demise. When a motorcyclist (Thief or no) makes a bad choice/decision they have no control over the consequences. This is a perfect example. Bad decision - Fatal consequences.

It's the Busa's fault. Had he been on a ZX-14 he would have turned into a neighborhood, jumped off and ran, avoiding capture. With the Busa and a black one at that , he thought he could ghost them.

Prayers sent for all :please:

Back