Switchback Flasher Question

Fireman6615

Registered
Quick and simple question for those of you that have added Switchbacks to your front signal lights. If you just add the switchbacks to the front and keep the stock tail lights and rear signals do you still have to do the flasher mod to get the flash rate correct? Thanks.

Look up flasher mod in electrical mods

Sorry i did not get back to you been dealing with some family issues!

No Big E, the thanks was to you! I'd read a lot of stuff on here and messaged John too while I was researching. I thought I'd need the flasher but wasn't 100% sure, sorry to hear about family issues John, hope it works out.

Hey everybody, I've been thinking about doing the switchback change for a couple of years now. I put the 3 wire sockets in the front last summer and ran "normal bulbs" and everything has worked out fine so far and want to make the swap to switchback's now while there is still snow on the ground :D

For any of you that have installed these, can you offer any feedback on these three questions?

What is the largest bulb that will fit in a Gen 1 without any issues? I can see there are 48, 60, 96 120 LED towers and a bunch more... I am looking here: Home of the Original Switchback Led Bulbs for Turn Signals | Autolumination

Did you have any problems if you bought the bulb that blinks amber, but returns to white in between blinks? (As opposed to amber on and off with no white until the blinker is turned off)

Finally, is the relay mod necessary or can you buy an LED flasher? I remember reading a thread somewhere that said you can buy an EP-35 LED flasher replay and it is a plug and play replacement.

Any advice you can all give would be much appreciated.

Again search flasher mod, alll info is there for several different way to do it!
Hey everybody, I've been thinking about doing the switchback change for a couple of years now. I put the 3 wire sockets in the front last summer and ran "normal bulbs" and everything has worked out fine so far and want to make the swap to switchback's now while there is still snow on the ground :D

For any of you that have installed these, can you offer any feedback on these three questions?

What is the largest bulb that will fit in a Gen 1 without any issues? I can see there are 48, 60, 96 120 LED towers and a bunch more... I am looking here: Home of the Original Switchback Led Bulbs for Turn Signals | Autolumination

Did you have any problems if you bought the bulb that blinks amber, but returns to white in between blinks? (As opposed to amber on and off with no white until the blinker is turned off)

Finally, is the relay mod necessary or can you buy an LED flasher? I remember reading a thread somewhere that said you can buy an EP-35 LED flasher replay and it is a plug and play replacement.

Again search flasher mod, alll info is there for several different way to do it!

Wow, how simple it is. I've always used Switchback LED or a variation of that. Flasher mod brought up a lot of other threads I have never seen. Thanks GIXERHP.

I run the 60 LED tower. Plenty bright night or day. I run switchbacks both front and rear. They blink white to amber. A relay is a must running LED. I purchased a relay off eBay. Plug and play. Search "hayabusa relay"

I run the 60 LED tower. Plenty bright night or day. I run switchbacks both front and rear. They blink white to amber. A relay is a must running LED. I purchased a relay off eBay. Plug and play. Search "hayabusa relay"
Thanks Big E, I appreciate the feedback!

Back