need advise on rearsets

jch364

Registered
I am going to buy a new rearset this year. for my G1. I have seen several and it is a bit confusing. I am looking for a set that will fit right in place of the original ones. I also heard that some of the rearsets need you to change the rear brake reservoir to a different type while others do not. If that is true than i would want one that does not need any changes of any kind I want a simple plug and play. Something that goes right in place of stock. And is adjustable up down back and forth etc. any input on this would be great from those who have them already. It will make it so much easier. Of course which sponsor that carries it too. Color is well /.... hadnt thought of it... bike is the 06 red black.. the best color since 06 till 2014 red black by the way

Vortex Racing has rearsets for your busa. These require a new brake light switch to fit the vortex rearset which is sold separately. Check Vortex out to see what they have. I've used Vortex exclusively for the past ten years and never been disappointed.

And is adjustable up down back and forth etc

99% ofrearsets only allow adjustment up and back from stock, no downward adjustment is available. You might have been aware of that but it wasn't obvious from your post. :laugh:

CycleCat, now out of business, is the only rearset that I'm 100% positive that offered downward adjustability.

The Gilles Rearsets - VCR38GT sure looks like it offers downward adjustability but I can't say for sure never having seen them in the flesh.

VCR38GT Rear Set

cheers
ken

I have a set of silver vortex rear sets on my gen 1. Pretty simple install and was able to adjust peg position for my height and riding style. They are priced well compared to some of the other brands also pretty durable too just don't ask me how I know :banghead:

The other 2 brands that Ive heard good things about but are more expensive are Sato and Gilles

Cycle Pirates makes an adjustable bolt on. Adjustable 360 degrees....pricey, though and won't take them back if it doesn't work out...I called to ask. I went to a couple of local shops that would order them (marked up of course) that were willing to take them back and try to re-sell. I went with Knight Design. A 1" lower stationary set, but bolt on to the existing stock, no mod to anything. They sell a 2" drop but won't work with stock exhaust.

Back