non ethanol gas

this goes both ways...do a search on it. You will get comments going both directions.

I prefer to run non-ethanol 91 in my 09, I ran non-ethanol 87 in my 05. I think they run better on real gas and I have seen better mileage, but when away from home sometimes you dont have a choice. Doesnt really matter all that much, they will run fine on either, but I only run premium in my Gen II.

I am certainly no gasoline pro and do not claim to be, but in my personal opinion any machine or vehicle out there would probably be better off with non ethanol gas...however due to availability and price most get run on ethanol.

I keep about 5 five gallon jugs here for all the little motors and every jug gets a healthy taste of sea foam added to it.

Gen I - I believe the manual states no alcohol , Gen II up to 15%. I run non-ethanol unless I just can't find it on a trip. Ethanol added fuels get less miles per gallon as well.

My bike is basically daily rode, but I certainly wouldn't want ethanol in my tank if my bike sat for a month.

Can't find non ethanol 93 octane around here. Shell 93 with ethanol is the best I can do.

The problem w/Ethanol added to gasoline is it's h20/moisture content. Excessive water vapor and internal combustion engines really don't get along.
Over time fuel systems experience major problems from it from the inability to burn the majority of it off.
Pumps stating 10% added Ethanol would be almost acceptable, around here they have been tested to reveal 18-26% Ethanol, With legislation pushing for a higher "allowable percentage"
It's a cheaper way to stretch the mega dollar petroleum business and justify the subsidizing of grain/corn farming in this country. Another giant FU to the American people who so rely on their cars and rec./work vehicles and power tools.
@ $4.65/gallon it's a bit of added insurance to avoid a bigger expense later down the road.
There are a few additives you can mix w/ gasoline-ethanol blends to help remove the water vapor while the engine is running. Snake oil? maybe, I choose to use the non-ethanol from the get go in the bike, power tools etc.

i have run ethanol in everything i own mowers weed eaters etc and i have never had a problem with any of my equipment cars trucks bikes or anything else. Honestly op i think it is a myth that ethanol causes problems as i have never had any. But that being said there are people out there who swear its a problem and they supposedly have all kinds of problems with it. So as i stated above good luck with your research, you will get tons of diff opinions on here.

From what I have seen in smaller engines that are seasonal...ethanol evaporates at a much quicker rate leaving a damaging residue and will catch you by surprise very quickly in a sitting engine/carb.

I have actually found myself looking for the premix quarts to go on sale and run them out of my few two cycle engines quite often now. I also feel more comfortable leaving an engine sitting for a period of time with non ethanol crap in it.

The non ethanol alternatives can be a bit costly at times, and those quarts are not the cheapest in the world...but I've had my chainsaw carb rebuilt twice due to the evaporation of ethanol and the crap it leaves behind.

Can I get it easily here, not really and it's a buck more than the standard fuel here but I do take alternative measures when needed and appropriate.

I prefer 91 octane non ethanol but around here few stations have it. Over half the time I run either 10% 89 octane or 10% 93 octane.

When there isn't any other choice for miles, what's available at the pump kinda makes the decision for me.

If you want non-ethanol gas in small quantities (lawn equipment), you can put your e10 or e15 in a jug, and then add some distilled water to it. Add about a cup or so for a gallon. Shake it up a little and then let it sit. The ethanol will mix with the water and come out of the gasoline, leaving a water / alcohol mix at the bottom. This needs to have some method of removing the water (old school sediment bowl in a tank or similar) before you add it to your tank.

I know it sounds strange, but it works. This is essentially the procedure used for testing fuel for alcohol content. Graduated cylinder is filled with 100ml of test gas. 100ml of water is added (200ml total). Shake and settle and see how much higher teh water line is as compared to the original 100ml.

So you are saying to add water to gas....??? Then decant it or some similar method...Thanks but my days of playing Bill Nye "the science guy" are over.

Sound silly, too much effort and a waste of time.

I'll stick w/ the purchasing of the 91 REC non-ethanol.

I only tour on my Busa. If I had to hunt for non-ethenol every time I bought gas in the redneck towns I visit... I would go insane. Sometimes you just have to put Walmart oil in your crankcase and buy gas at the Piggly Wiggly and be happy about it.

good luck getting non corn oil in these parts. i would assume the less the better but i could be wrong. not sure if these engines are designed for that crap to begin with.

Back