Dealing with motorcycle dealers when purchasing a new bike (Give me advice, thread).

BoostCreep

Registered
So I have decided I need a DRZ400sm in my life and would like to purchase a shiny new one. However I have only ever purchased one new vehicle from a dealership in my life and would like to see if I can do better the second time around here.

Here's the scoop after speaking with the dealer earlier:
Suzuki will only offer 7.99% APR on this bike (even during their 'sales event') if you have spotless credit.
There is no cash back
There are no incentives
Price is roughly $7200

How I will purchase:
Well 7.99% is trash, I'll go to my own bank, get a loan for part of it and bring them cash.
No trade in.

What I want:
Some damn wiggle room, I don't know, maybe $500-1000 off asking price. If I could roll out of there with the bike for $6500 after tax, title, and license, I would be a pleased pickle.

What I expect:
I'm going to walk in there, they're going to tell me this is a fancy ass model, they have no wiggle room on the price, but they'll probably throw in a free oil change.

My question:
How feasible is what I want? Do dealers really have much wiggle room and they like to blow smoke up my ass to get that best price?

Here's the little pickle tickler.
OriginalL0_DR-Z400SML0_3_4_c1.png

Re: Dealing with motorcycle dealers when purchasing a new bike (Give me advice, threa

I'd rather settle for a ktm690 or similar. The drz is gutless!

Re: Dealing with motorcycle dealers when purchasing a new bike (Give me advice, threa

They call them stealerships for a reason

They are NOT the only dealership that sells motorcycles.....:whistle:

You don't like their price get on the net and find somebody who will meet your price. If driving 4 or 5 hours means saving $1000 dollars then I'd say it's well worth it!!! I know there are plenty of dealerships that advertise "Internet only" sales on ebay, CL, etc. A buddy of mine drove 8 hours for a bike but saved $2000 vs what a dealership here was selling the same exact bike for!! Don't be a sucker and settle 4 the 1st offer from a stealership

You can probably get a much lower rate from a credit union... Try that.

Go in pre-approved. Make your best deal. if and when they say no, walk out. Most of the time they will call you and come halfway there. Your price seems to be a good offer to make.

If you haven't walked away at least once, you are not getting a great deal.

When I bought my busa they wanted 13000. I got it for 11500 with a 300 dollar helmet thrown in.

I'd say buy just the bike....no gear or extended service / warranty...being an informed customer is best for any large purchase...call around...look at flea bay for comparable machines / prices...see what fees (title / prep) are included. It is a buyers market for toys.

Back