Rebuilt or salvage titles

groran1000

Registered
I'm thinking of buying an 09 busa from a guy in texas. A fellow busa guy told me that texas doesn't have to reveal that the bike is rebuillt or salvage, is that true and how can I protect myself from getting something that was flooded or totaled? thanks Randy

With bikes I always take it as a risk. It's too easy to have these totaled out. Some are more obvious than others that they have been damaged and repaired but never claimed. Only question is if it was repaired correctly.

As far as for value. I don't know much about how their law differs from mine. But every title here has a box that's either clear or is stamped salvage.

I'm thinking of buying an 09 busa from a guy in texas. A fellow busa guy told me that texas doesn't have to reveal that the bike is rebuillt or salvage, is that true and how can I protect myself from getting something that was flooded or totaled? thanks Randy

In Texas, it will say if it's a salvage title or not on the title. Too many people wreck bikes, and don't claim it anyways because many don't have insurance, or they don't want to jack the price of their insurance up after a claim. So they usually piece it back together and sell it with a clean title.

I can't tell you how many people have brought bikes in to my shop that they just bought with clean titles, only to find out once it's on the lift that it had been down, looped, or wrecked.

If your in the Houston area and you can get the guy to agree to bring it by my shop, I'll look it over for you free of charge.

In Texas, it will say if it's a salvage title or not on the title. Too many people wreck bikes, and don't claim it anyways because many don't have insurance, or they don't want to jack the price of their insurance up after a claim. So they usually piece it back together and sell it with a clean title.

I can't tell you how many people have brought bikes in to my shop that they just bought with clean titles, only to find out once it's on the lift that it had been down, looped, or wrecked.

If your in the Houston area and you can get the guy to agree to bring it by my shop, I'll look it over for you free of charge.

Good on you sir! Where in H-town is your shop?

Back