2008 exhaust, pipes to make her roar

Trail_Blazer

Registered
Ladies and Gents,

The only thing missing from my big girl is the bark to match her bite, I'm seriously missing that caucophony of sound and I'm getting embarrassed in the decibel arena by my mate on his bluflame R6, I have to set the balance right again!

I'm looking for a set of slipons, preferably cheap new or good condition second hand, that could be shipped to Ireland at a reasonabale price. My preference would be carbon fibre, either Yoshi r-77s or Akras, and I'm not really into the stubby or single can look, but I'm open to having a look at anything to be honest! If anyone has anything they are looking to sell or know of a dealer who ships abroad who do good deals, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks all, can't wait to give her a proper voice!

Cheers.

:thumbsup:

Motomummy.com has the best prices on Akropovic exhaust.
Gen2 cf Akropovic slipons cost almost as much as an Akropovic full dual exhaust too, which gets rid of the catalytic converter.

Some race horse deals on Jardine right now. I got RT5s in ti finished for $300 shipped new!!

I have these and they are nice

GEN2YOSH.JPG

^^i second those...i have them as well. But i can tell you they are not as loud as an r6 is going to be. Different motor etc. If you are looking for loud you need to get some hotbodies megas or go to your local parts store and buy a couple tips and do away with the exhaust all together.

Or....you can go cheap and cut your cans, gut it, drill 9 1/2 inch holes into the end cap & blow out the 2 chamber walls. I rocked this for a while until I could barely afford the yoshis. To be honest, I miss those stock cut cans but I wish I had access to a welder for a solid fit. Dropped some good weight as well. Check my gallery for a better close up of the cans.

image.jpg

I think i'll keep the stockers stock, if I ever go to sell the busa (for another busa!!!) ill prob stick the stocks back on and keep the new pipes for new bike or sell em seperate. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'm leaning heavily towards the carbon R-77s, haven't heard them up close but they seem the nicest grumble in any vids I've seen, and i love the look. Just trying to find a good deal on a set, and negotiate the tricky import tax situation in Ireland! :p

i feel ya and picked up another stock set for that very reason. i love my r-77's and they make enough noise to not piss off my neighbors but unload at high rpms. i'm getting too old for obnoxious pipes these days. here is where i bought mine and the price was decent. https://www.motomummy.com/exhausts/

i feel ya and picked up another stock set for that very reason. i love my r-77's and they make enough noise to not piss off my neighbors but unload at high rpms. i'm getting too old for obnoxious pipes these days. here is where i bought mine and the price was decent. https://www.motomummy.com/exhausts/

Thanks man I'll check it out! My neighbours don't mind too much I'd a gnarly set of Leo's on the last bike that made a racket when I used to go in to work at 4am, but all the kids on the street are fascinated by the bike so the parents let me away with a bit of noise! My next door neighbour used to come out and give it a blip sometimes too he's hitting mid life crisis time and is dyin to get one!

Thanks Amode I'll try those boys I know they do good deals on tyres and gear anyway.

Hey guys and gals,

Just a quick update on this thread to say I'm still on the hunt for a set of slip-ons preferrably R-77s if anyone is thinking of selling a set, cheers all!

I've got gp exhausts from JCEXHAUSTS he is on the ukbusa site his name is AITCH well built and he has a few models have a look :thumbsup:

Until you find that great deal on the r 77's you want, go get two exhaust tips from the auto parts store and get your roar on until you find the deal you want.

Back