Does this smell?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Here's the ad at cycletrader

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/0/2/77983602.htm

2003 with 2900 miles $7200 in Washington state

Read his e-mails and tell me what u think, My first thought is english may not be his 1st language...

Ad reads :

YEAR: 2003
MAKE_NAME: SUZUKI
MODEL_NAME: Hayabusa
VIEW AD: http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/0/2/77983602.htm
PRICE: $7,200 DESCRIPTION: 2003 SUZUKI Hayabusa,, Given to me as a wedding gift this bike truly has sentimental value to me. Bought fresh in a crate, I'm the original owner with title in hand. All maintenance services were performed by local Suzuki dealership. This bike has never been abused in any way especially during the break-in period. Miles on bike are mostly highway miles, visiting the parents. Original rear tire, still have months to ride before replacing. No noticeable scratches on that I can see. This bike has never seen rain and has been garage kept, covered and lifted. The bike is stock with no after market upgrades, and according to my manual is still under factory warranty. I must sell soon "cause a baby is on the way". Please contact me via e-mail with any questions.

Me : YOUR MESSAGE: wondering if you still have the busa for sale? and anymore pics? I am in Northern Calif. and could drive up...

Him : Kent,
The bike is still for sale so if you would like to buy it you can have it. My number is 2062036312 when you wish drop me a call as i wish to discuss with you.
The problem is that i would like a deposit befor you come here ....you can send this deposit to my business bank account which as probably you know this type of payments are refundable.
So the reason i would like this deposit is cause i get a warranty from your side that you will buy it and i can retract the bike from the internet.

So i look forward hear back from you so we could discuss this matter.
Bert Lentz

Me : Bert, Is this the Bike in Washington state? - Kent

Him : Yes it is Kent ....the exact address is : 103 Kwanzan Drive city:Lynden state: WA
Zip: 98264.

Let me know ,
Bert Lentz

Me : Thank you Bert, I am willing to drive up and of course will send a deposit if I make an offer that we agree upon, to have you hold the bike for me. I would like to have a friend near you take a look first though. And could you send a few more detailed photo's of the bike in the day light, I would reall appreciate it. Is there any damage at all to the bike? Also I need VIN number.

Thanks again - Kent

Him : Kent ,
I will try make more pictures of it ...but right now i don't have the camera at me...someone made those pictures for me, but i will see what i can do.
The VIN number is : JS1GW71A132101967. About the deposit i think for 1k i will close the add on the internet and to consider the deal sold for you. When everything is ok my business account is :acct holder name :Bert R. Lentz
bank account number :778XXXX
bank routing number : 125XXXX
bank name : Bank Of America
bank state :WA
bank city :lynden
address:103 Kwanzan Drive city:Lynden state: WA Zip: 98264

I hope we will make this deal.
I look forward hear back from your side.
Bert Lentz

---------------------

Ok so I am not asking him to pull the add or anything and I would do is drive up if I see what I like I buy ... jsut like if I lived down the street. Whats up with that biz bank account crap...
rock.gif
fishy

Also he sends this pic of a title , it doesnt say washington or nuthin and it has the same miles he is posting, my bike has way more miles than the title says cause I've been riding it since it was registered. Unless he just got a new or replced title.

Anyone live near this guy?

GSX_R_1300___2003.JPG

See the wieght on the title if that busa is 359 it's gonna be a screamer! My wieghs about 470lbs

wow.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
starting to get mad now ...

mad.gif

mad.gif

F#ck sending the money....your going to see the damned thing.

Tell him you ain't sending the money, you'll bring it with you.

If you want to test drive it....then you can give him the deposit in person.

There is no need for you to give him a deposit unless you tell him to pull the ad.

If you wanted the ad pulled, I could see him not doing it without a deposit....but all you want is to see the thing in person to know it's real.....That does not require a deposit.

Sounds fishy I would NOT send any money. If you know some one nearby....I would have them take a look. I would also have them not say that they know you and see what kind of story they get.
wink.gif

I wouldn't send the money either. Just set a time and date to see the bike and if he gets and offer with cash in hand before then. then sorry Kent it sold. If you were trying to sell your truck would you ask for money before you let them come look at it? I don't think so. If you want to ride it then yes I would want something in hand but if all you want to do is see it then by all means come on by. This guy sounds for real he just has some screwed up ideas.

Yep I think like u guyz ... btw that title doesnt look like the washington title that I had when I bought my Chevelle a couple years ago in Olympia.

Yeah. I would also vote NOT to send the money.
I know, I bought Eric's Busa sight unseen other than pix, but - guys here knew him and I trusted that this website had a good reputation as I had been posting here for three months before I bought mine.
F-that shid!

You never know it might be legit....let us know how it works out.

Allot of guys over at SH.org are from WA state. I'd offer one of them some cash to go check it out for ya. Yep seems weird BUT I have dealt with weirder situations.

Call and arrange for assistance from the local Suzuki dealer...

Mt. Baker Moto-Sport (approximately 8 miles)
3950 Home Road, Bellingham, WA, 98226-9147
Phone Number: 360/398-7807
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:30-6, Sat 9:30-5, Sun Closed

They're sure to have a cycle junkie that will help! They've probably seen the bike if not done the service. The next closest dealer is 25 miles away...

Skagit Powersports (approximately 25 miles)
1645 Walton Drive, Burlington, WA, 98233-4611
Phone Number: 360/757-7999
Hours: Tues-Fri 9-6, Sat 9-5, Sun & Mon Closed

If nothing else, have him bring it there for an inspection.

Don't send money!!!

Just fiind out that it's there and in one piece and then show up on his doorstep with a handfull of cash!

Good Luck!

..., trip

It smells pretty suspect. Don't send him a dime. Do as previously stated, take some cash, and a pistol wouldn't hurt. Sorry I live in Texas and don't take any chances. Just be cautious, his wording seems a lil shaky. It is always best to error on the side of discretion.

Dont' send him no funds HawaiiBusa, I'm sure there's a few hayabusa.org members that are somewhat close to that area & would not mind doing an inpection for ya.

Looks fishy hawaii, I think jay's advice makes sense... tell him that you will carry the cash with you. You see the bike... like it, then give the dough to him... so that he can pull the ad from the internet....
smile.gif

Yo K-Man....

Let me know if you want my boy to meet up with this guy. He lives in WA state...I can ask him to take a trip for me.

PM or email me....and I'll get it started. It does sound a little fishy...but what you could do is call the bank and give them the account numbers and names. Ask them if you can indeed get a refund for the money if it's a fraud.

You can also call the WA DMV and run the VIN there. If it doesn't pan out, I'd suggest a road trip w/ a .50 cal and some friends.

Either which way, I'm pretty sure the bank and DMV would appreciate the effort to help keep their good names. You can also let me know if you want my friend to scope it out.

Just send me a shout, bro....
wink.gif

The town of Lynden is spelled incorrectly on the title.....
"Linden"

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108650570 -->

First time I've EVER seen someone ask for a deposit to LOOK at something...umm, hello?!
wink.gif

Scam...run, run, run!!!!

Like everyone else said, when you go to a stealership or just looking at someone's house, you don't pay just to go "window shopping", plus it isn't that hard to take his offer off the internet. I can understand if you want to take it for a ride.
If I were the person trying to sell and you wanted to take for a spin I would require you sign a contract saying if you wreck you pay for it and get a copy of the driver license plus deposit.

With what KS said, I definitely have someone take a quick trip to check it out, somethings in the water?
mad.gif

Oh and forgot Good Luck
biggrin.gif

Thanx my people. All good ideas, I would never send $ first as there is no reason to unless you want it held.

Trip, thanx for all that detail good idea.

KS just curious how did u run the VIN #?

I have delt with Washington State DMV before they are pretty helpful, better than Ca. anyway.

I post more of his reply's ... lets just play along with em now  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108756022 -->

Back