Moto GP Motegi

Don't care who wins, but it's great to watch great riding, and someone else taking so many chances.

Abandoning the bike was odd - the commentator speculated that brakes went out, and the rider had to bail.

The Doctor didn't have a good race - that's for sure, but did the best he could under the circumstances.

Spaniards kicked everyone's ass. I wish a few of Americans were just a tad faster. Good for Colin to be the fastest CRT rider.

Pretty challenging circuit. Lucky for riders the weather was perfect. Can you imagine what would happen if the weather was anything like two days prior?

All those modern cameras are great, but they take away the depth perception - so during most of the action it's hard to get the feel of speed and turns. Great to watch anyway!

When traction is equalized like it was in the wet conditions, Nicky Hayden placed third on the grid. Once the Ducati runs in the dry, the bike's back to where it really performs--like 8th through 10th. Goes to show the talent Nicky still has when the bike is somewhat equalized with Honda and Yamaha.

What a ride by Jorge! You could make the arguement this track set up better for the Honders and it should have been Honda 1 - 2 as it's been several times this year. Yeah, yeah I know Marquez was injured, but damn Lorenzo rode a damn near perfect race. Used every bit of speed the Yama had and carred all that speed into the corners with out tearing up the softer tires. He just outright broke the will of Marquez and Pedrosa, I don't think Pedrosa thought he could overtake Marquez without risking Honda's and Marquez' championship. He was rolling right up on Marquez into corners early in the race and then just backed up - not sure if that was on purpose or the engine just lost something along the way.

Great race for JL and leaves what was a forgone championship conclusion open for decision in the Spaniards' home country. "Win Win" for the Spanish motorcycle racing fans!

All we need is for Casey Stoner to come out of retirement next year and Valentino to find a little old "mojo" and we'd have a 2014 MotoGP season with 5 real contenders. Wouldn't that be something!

And, as someone said it'd be nice to see an American who could challenge for a Championship as well.

When traction is equalized like it was in the wet conditions, Nicky Hayden placed third on the grid. Once the Ducati runs in the dry, the bike's back to where it really performs--like 8th through 10th. Goes to show the talent Nicky still has when the bike is somewhat equalized with Honda and Yamaha.

Rain races always benefit the guys who rode the high horsepower bikes before traction control.
Rossi used to ride the 500GP machines for 1999-2000
Hayden grew up on the dirt tracks and superbikes.

Most of the other guys grew up on 125s and 250s, so when traction is limited, they are not used to the bike getting loose.

Was a great race, glad to see it's going to come down to the Valencia to determine the champion, but I think Rossi's gonna have to intentionally take out Marquez cause all he's got to do is finish FOURTH....

Was a great race, glad to see it's going to come down to the Valencia to determine the champion, but I think Rossi's gonna have to intentionally take out Marquez cause all he's got to do is finish FOURTH....

I hear ya! But - this is MotoGP - stranger things have happened (MM's missed pit ???) . However, since there are only three real contenders and one of them is a Honder rider it does seam impossible to imagine Marq not being able to muster a 4th or better. The only way VR could even intervene would be if he were in front of MM - a position VR has only found himself in a couple of times in the entire season.

Should be a great race!

Back