Question on new Busa

mokaw

Registered
First of all, I have to say I ride a 2012 ZX-14R and I love the bike. Tonight a friend of mine pulled up to my house on a new Hayabusa, white with only 2 miles on the odo. I've always been a Kawasaki fan, but I have to admit, that white Busa is a good looking machine. Here's the question. Are all new Hayabusa's suppose to come with the hump? His doesn't have one and I asked him where it was. He said the dealership told him you can get either the passenger seat or the hump, not both. His has a passenger seat and they told him they would have to order the hump and he would have to pay extra. Are they being honest with him or are they trying to get more money out of him? Anyone out there know what's goin on? Thanks.

What the others said, the bike comes with the hump, grab bar and rear seat.

When I bought my '08 the local dealer tried to pull this crap, wanted me to pay and extra $300 for the hump, went to a different dealer and they looked at me like i was retarded when I asked if the hump was included, their answer "yes it is" guess where I bought the bike.

After spending a considerable amount of money that a dealership should be grateful for... they lie to you and try to gouge you $300 for a part you already paid for.

After they "give" you the part tell them your still going to spend $300 at their fraud minded stealership. Tell them your going to have a couple of signs made that say ....

Liars work here... or something that captures the experience you just had there. Then tell em you going to hire a couple of low wage people to picket their place for a few days.

Ask them if they mind if you did that ? If they say they don't want you to do that... then tell them you didn't want to be lied to so you could be ripped off by them.

Tell them your going to tell everybody you know whenever the subject comes up in your day to day conversations.

Its business man... you would be doing the public a favor by pointing out who is willing to rip people off by charging them twice for the same thing they already paid for.

Yeah... this all seems over the top to some people... however... getting ripped off is over the top also. Some people don't care about their reputation in business.

That is how some dealerships think. Charging you twice for the same thing to make some extra money. Don't trust them at all.

Not only would I be getting humped, I'd be getting some free oil filters, oil, brake pads, for their deceptive and sneaky thieving practices...Corporate Suzuki loves hearing these complaints...

Dealers do this crap too often... On bikes that have sat a while if someone needed a hump I could see them selling the one that was supposed to come with that bike.

Please tell the 30,000 members here what dealership NOT to visit.
And after he gets the hump let him tell them we won't be coming there.

Apparently not included here, for 2013, was on my 2012. Someone from a local forum got a 2013, no hump, email Suzuki Canada as follows:

Hello,

Are both items - plastic cowl & passenger seat included in the purchase of a 2013 models?

Thanks very much,

xxxx xxxxxxxx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Dear xxxx xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking time to contact us with your inquiry, we appreciate your interest in our products.

The two items you mention are not included with the motorcycle, but can be ordered separately.

Regards,

SCI Customer Service | SCI Customer Service |Suzuki Canada Inc.
100 East Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, ON Canada L4B 1J6
: 905-889-2677 EXT 2254 | :
: SCustomerServiceAssociateTwo@suzuki.ca | Suzuki Canada

Well either Canada sucks or that Suzi rep doesn't know what they are talking about.
According to the response they say 'the two' items you mention don't come with it. So they are telling you it doesn't even come with the passenger seat? What an idiot.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find an owner that didn't get one?
Mine came in a box with a sticker on it that had bikes vin on it.

US bikes come with them.
i made my dealer call Suzuki corporate.
I had my hump on order the next day.

hmmmm.... welp my 2002 came with it, my 2005 came with it, my 2011 also came with it, my 2003 tl1000r came with it. I asssume my 2008 did as well since i have both. Odd they are telling you otherwise.

Thanks for all the information. I talked to my friend today and told him that everyone on the .org said the hump comes with the bike. He told me he talked to another Suzuki dealership (in Bismarck, ND, which is where we live) and they also told him the bike doesn't come with the hump. You have to special order it and it'll cost somewhere between $200 and $275 bucks. The dealership he bought the bike from is in North Dakota, too, Minot, which is close to the border with Canada. Apparently, with the big oil boom in ND, the dealerships here must think everyone's a millionaire and they can charge whatever they want to. I'll let my friend know what everyone on here has said.
I told him to join here. He can learn a lot from you guys. Hopefully he will.

Tell him to call the dealer and have them send it or his next call is to Suzuki North America. ALL the bikes come with both front/rear seats, hump, and grab bar.

Have him post up the dealer info as soon as he's done....what a bunch of crooks! :banghead:

Here's an update. Yesterday he talked to the dealership that he got the bike from and lo and behold, they found the hump for his bike and they're sending it to him, free of charge of course. They supposedly found it tucked away in some storage room. If he wouldn't have spoken up, I'm sure they would've told him that they ordered one for him and charged him for the one they already had that was for his bike. I'm glad he spoke up. It's because of the information you guys gave here that he's getting the cowl.
Thanks for all the help.

Back