08 swingarm on a 07. is it possible?

1fast450

Registered
Is it possible to put an 08 swingarm on an 07 busa? If so what all would need to be done for it to fit correctly.

Made another post about this but some how I accidentally made it in the classified section. Can the mods please delete that. Sorry.

It can and has been done. You have to use a gen 2 brake caliper, disc, and hanger. Out of couriosity, what are you wanting to do this?

Sorry I can't give too many details, as I did not do it, but the previous owner of my bike, took an 06 motor, frame, and electronics, and put on 2008 just about everything else (likely had a wrecked 06 and a blown motor 08). So my 06 frame has an 08 swing arm, rear tire, and rear brakes.

It can and has been done. You have to use a gen 2 brake caliper, disc, and hanger. Out of couriosity, what are you wanting to do this?
Long story short I bought an extended swingarm from a guy and it turned out to have a crack. Sent it back and now after over a yr of trying to get a replacement he is finally trying to work with me. But he is saying he only has arms for 08+ now.

work with him to get your money back and avoid the hassle :whistle: It can be done but its not just a simple bolt on and go job at least to my knowledge

Gen 1 and Gen 2 rims are different also. So to change out the swing arm, you will need a rim also. Might be able to Shim the Gen 1 rim, but I forget. In my opinion, it's not worth the hassle.

Thank you for the replies. Guess I will have to keep fussing with him till he gets me the correct arm.

Thank you for the replies. Guess I will have to keep fussing with him till he gets me the correct arm.

:poke: i have an "01 Busa and i will have an 8" over polished aluminum arm avaiable in about a week....im changing mine out...:thumbsup:

I had bought an extended arm for my 06 from Ebay seller Kustom Cykle Designs..$400 with underbracing and powdercoated and to the length I wanted. their number is 314-974-3593.. I am happy with it. Came powdercoated and with bearings installed. Had to do very little on swap out from stock. A friend also ordered his extended arm for his 08 R1 and went 12" over and it looks nice. We both had extensions on and opted to go full swingarm. Rather be safe than sorry.. hear stories on extensions.. but mine after 5-6 mths of use.. were still fine.. good luck..

ps..anyone know how to get out of rookie status here? I've been on the sight for quite some time.. and aint no rookie.. wouldnt be riding the Busa if I was...

I had bought an extended arm for my 06 from Ebay seller Kustom Cykle Designs..$400 with underbracing and powdercoated and to the length I wanted. their number is 314-974-3593.. I am happy with it. Came powdercoated and with bearings installed. Had to do very little on swap out from stock. A friend also ordered his extended arm for his 08 R1 and went 12" over and it looks nice. We both had extensions on and opted to go full swingarm. Rather be safe than sorry.. hear stories on extensions.. but mine after 5-6 mths of use.. were still fine.. good luck..

ps..anyone know how to get out of rookie status here? I've been on the sight for quite some time.. and aint no rookie.. wouldnt be riding the Busa if I was...

to answer your PS.....keep posting...:thumbsup:

Back