What a Way to Start the Weekend

HawaiiFiveOh

Registered
image-2026090349.jpg

image-916809610.jpg

image-4156013216.jpg

image-4025338780.jpg

image-1559927772.jpg

So, decided to go on a short ride before I cleaned her up good for her "for sale" pics. Had to turn around because its developed a miss or something similar. The bike only has 5700 miles on it so not sure if its the plugs but I'm leaning towards a bad power commander. Any way coming down my street, doing 25-30, and next thing I know I'm sliding on my back and helmet. I have no idea what happened. I am glad I was suited up. Now I am already a little sore and I got a bike that doesn't run right or look good. I think I'm gonna have to have a couple drinks. Ride safe everybody.

P.s. in the coming weeks I'm gonna be in the market for a right side fairing and a can, so let me know what you got.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

image-2026090349.jpg

image-916809610.jpg

image-4156013216.jpg

image-4025338780.jpg

image-1559927772.jpg

Glad you are OK. Glad you suited up even for a short ride. Way too many people say they don't need to wear their gear, only a short ride. I made that mistake one time and one time only a few years ago. Got on it, cold tires, sliding sidesways but narrowly missed high-siding it. Could have bee a lot worse. I hope you get it fixed up quick.

Jim

Whew, glad your okay.. that's a pretty deep scratch on the back of your helmet...

Man, sorry for the mishap. A good illustration of why to wear gear all the time. Can you think of anything at all? Bald front tire? Oil on the ground? What were you doing when it happened - just going straight, braking with the front, braking with the rear, turning, was it a lowside? Just close your eyes and play back slowly in your head...

Sucks... but maybe it's the sign that your bike loves you and would rather stay with you banged up rather than go to a new owner all shiny...

Man, sorry for the mishap. A good illustration of why to wear gear all the time. Can you think of anything at all? Bald front tire? Oil on the ground? What were you doing when it happened - just going straight, braking with the front, braking with the rear, turning, was it a lowside? Just close your eyes and play back slowly in your head...

Sucks... but maybe it's the sign that your bike loves you and would rather stay with you banged up rather than go to a new owner all shiny...

Looking out at the street and trying to remember what happened I think I have an idea how it went down. As I said before the bike had developed some kind of miss on my way home so I planned to putt around the neighborhood to see if I could narrow down the scenario that caused it. So I was on the front brakes a little as I was on the gas too, kinda like a rolling burnout but not, trying to put a load on the engine and get it to misfire or what ever its doing. It looks like there is a stain, could be oil, on the street and I must have tracked right through it because judging from the scraps in the road, the bike went down right there. Perhaps I was looking at the gauges or something at that moment either way I didn't expect that, at least not out front of my own house.
As far as the bike wanting to stay with me, it looking like it'll get it's way at least till spring now.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Wow, just out of the blue? That is strange. Glad you are OK. By looks of the bike and gear you went down pretty hard.

sand, fill, paint the fairing. It will give you something to do over the colder months. You may enjoy fixing her. And find it satisfying. I did the same thing to my left side (different reason-locked the front brake) Glad your ok

Glad you are okay!! Keep your helmet to show people that don't like to wear them.

I kinda did a rolling burn out on mine ONCE. I like to have lost it and had only had it a year or so. That was the last time I did that. Knowing how my reacted sounds like that what happen to you as well. It was so unexpected how squirmy mine got. Glad you are OK

The good news is you are OK. Hopefully, you can find the parts you need on the cheap and get your bike back on the road. Looking at the leather and helmet damage really drives home the need to suit up every time. I catch a lot of grief over wearing a full face around town, but honestly, that's the most likely place it will be needed. Tylenol is your friend, but don't mix it with any alcohol.

Back