looking for extra hp

hayabusa07

Registered
i have an 07 that is stretch about 10 over, it has the brocks clutch mod, full exhaust, up 3 teeth in the rear and down 1 in the front, air box mod, pc5, pingel electric shifter. is there anything else i can do to get my track times down besides motor work or turbo? and if motor work is the next step what would you start with?

Everything..... its the only way to do it right the first time.. take it to a trusted engine builder (GoldenChild, Schnitz, PowerHouse, FBG) with a target # and a blank check.... some good motor work can easily make 200+ hp on pump gas.

thank you for the response. i was checking to see if there are any other little things that i left out but it looks like im going to have to bite the bullet

A good dyno tune might find a few extra HP but any real gains will require more modification.

before the electric shifter and clutch mod i ran 6.92 6.97 6.90 then a 6.87 last time i was at the track and this is the 1/8th mile.

I don't drag race but I looked it up and that's high 10s in the 1/4. I think you need more practice before HP because a stock lowered busa will run high 9s all day.

I'm not a dragged either but from what I know the more you stretch the slower your times because of the loss if traction. I would shorten the stretch if possible and work on launch control.

I was able to get my SWB stock 07 down to 6.68, I would practice more before spending money. With all that gearing you are having to react very quick, I would try changing the sprockets so they aren't so aggressive on take off. It will give you more time to react and more traction at the line. +3 and -1 is like going up 5 1/2 teeth in the rear, try stock in the back and -1 in the front or vice-versa you may be surprised with the outcome.

i have an 07 that is stretch about 10 over, it has the brocks clutch mod, full exhaust, up 3 teeth in the rear and down 1 in the front, air box mod, pc5, pingel electric shifter. is there anything else i can do to get my track times down besides motor work or turbo? and if motor work is the next step what would you start with?

It sounds like more seat time/practice should be the first goal.
Some numbers from my current '06 - 6.26 @ 117 in the 1/8 at STOCK wheelbase, stock motor, front lowered 1.25" + strapped, rear lowered (rear axle 1 inch lower than swingarm pivot while sitting on the bike), STOCK header with bolt-on Yosh, geared 17/45 (0 & +5), footshifting, welded clutch hub, small airbox mod. i weigh 179lbs. Bike still had stock fuel map. Best 60' was 1.533.

Since I've gone to 17/44 gearing and a gen 2 brocks CT titanium exhaust(yes on my gen 1), still not mapped/dyno'd and pulled only 1.55 60' so far with 4.14x 330's and 6.18 @ 116mph. Bike not being tuned is leaving some power and et on the table, but this may help you compare what your bike can be capable of unless your motor is not at full potential. Just another thought..... I used to have an 07 that had low compression on all cylinders. I could not figure out why my times were so high (6.30 stretched 6 inches) until i tested and saw only 94-98 PSI on all cylinders. (it was probably caused by several runs on a wet progressive 100 shot though, lol)

edit: forgot to mention the airbox mod

Everything you need is right here; APE

as far as APE having the parts you need..... :thumbsup: I got my new crank, output shaft, and miscellaneous other parts a few weeks ago :laugh:
The only thing that's holding me back from ordering the rest RIGHT NOW is I still can't decided if i want to do a turbo or motor/nitrous build ??? Gotta get head components and other stuff regardless, but would much rather do the block/piston and cams all in the same order. I even have my stock stuff boxed up and ready to ship already, lol.

By the way, i watched a guy run a 6.08 and backed it up with a 6.07 on a stock wheelbase gen 2 with just a full yosh and airshifter, zero map in the PC. (this is why i need more power, lol)

sorry i have been off the forum for awhile due to family issues but when i lunch i wasn't spinning so traction wasn't really a problem and two other people ran the bike to see if they could get a better time then me due to the fact they have more experience and they ran the same time and the other ran a little slower. and i weight 170.

Something is serious wrong because with those mods you should be in the 5's...what is your 60' and 330'?

Has the bike been tuned? How much power does it make on the dyno?

100% STOCK bikes run faster times than that... ???

Back