Decisions - Decisions

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
I really want a GenII, and I have the chance to score a new 2012 at a bargain. Problem is, I just can't swing two right now... Not enough space, cost of insurance, and the wifey wouldn't go for it. So, I have a huge decision to make... Do I keep Raptor, a bike with over $30k invested, or do I let her go? :banghead:

Oh, thats tough. I would try to keep both but its might be hard to get what you invested back on a sale of your Gen 1. 30K in mods is great and all but most future buyers will not want to pay for them. I want a Gen 2 as well but I'm tying to hold off and hopefully get a Gen 3. If Suzuki is true to the schedule of 8 years, the next Gen should hit 2015. Hopefully sooner as I really want a new bike. :thumbsup:

How would you make out if you sold all the mods and then a stock Busa for the going rate,which seems a bit low right now. I have taken mine off the market,I won't give it away. Yer in a better locale to sell yours and all the goodies thou.
List me the mods.
RSD.

2012 vs 2005............. for all of you picture whores..... :laugh:

2012busa.jpg

3_4shot.jpg

How would you make out if you sold all the mods and then a stock Busa for the going rate,which seems a bit low right now. I have taken mine off the market,I won't give it away. Yer in a better locale to sell yours and all the goodies thou.
List me the mods.
RSD.

I hear ya Rubb, but I don't have the heart to part it out.

P.

I can totally respect that choice,I love me the black aswell. I would like to see the blk/orange in person to see if which of the two I like better.

I wouldn't get rid of it if I was you. To put that much time and money into a bike why get rid of it for something new and shiny? That bikes custom and it's got character which trumps new & stock IMO. Gen1's and Gen2's are selling pretty cheap used as of lately so you'll be lucky to get back a fraction of what you put in. The way to maximize your profit would be to return it back to stock form and part out the goodies on here

I wouldn't get rid of it if I was you. To put that much time and money into a bike why get rid of it for something new and shiny? That bikes custom and it's got character which trumps new & stock IMO. Gen1's and Gen2's are selling pretty cheap used as of lately so you'll be lucky to get back a fraction of what you put in. The way to maximize your profit would be to return it back to stock form and part out the goodies on here

I'm on the same page with ya man! The bike has great emotional value to me as well. I get sick every time I think about doing this, looks like that's my answer.

Looks like the right answer IMO :whistle:

I want a Gen2 just like you do and came close to pulling the trigger a few times but they aren't going anywhere and surprisingly the prices seem to be dropping on them new and used so just bide your time and put away a few dollars here and there. You'll get 1 soon enuff and in the mean time keep riding that trick azz gen1 :beerchug:

i wouldnt get rid of your pride and joy for a stock gen 2 any day of the week. not only will you lose your arse on the investment but you will think the gen2 is slow compared to yours.

There's a good idea :thumbsup: do the Gen2 tail conversion for you Raptor. A little best of both worlds to hold you over and give you something to do to get that gen2 fixation out your noggin :whistle:

There's a good idea :thumbsup: do the Gen2 tail conversion for you Raptor. A little best of both worlds to hold you over and give you something to do to get that gen2 fixation out your noggin :whistle:

I hate the Gen II tail..... She stays pure Gen I.... :thumbsup:

Not to hijack or anything. But if a gen one can be modded to a gen ii tail. Can't you modify a gen ii to a gen I? That sounds like the best of both to me.

Back