My free hayabusa

Queamore

Registered
Whats up. I gotta dig it out of the garage wed. This is the only pic i have of it right now wed. There will be more. This is my first bike ive never riden a bike before and thos is a 1300 i know its kinda big for a starter bike but how could i turn down a free bike. If anyone wants to know how i got it for free just ask.

image.jpg

So the story goes while he was transporting it on a trailer on the expressway they were already exhausted from driving all night. Thena semi truck passed them by real close and made them lose control and then they fliped in the truck they were in dropping the bikes after that he didnt want to ride any more he took it as a sign to quit. So it sat in his garage since we r really good friends he asked me if i wanted it. The insurance already gave him a check to fix it and he spent it on a down payment on a corvette. So now its mine.

It does need repair. New fuel tank, kick stand, mirror, and the plastic is cracked all on the left side but it is still drivable it only has 1200 miles on it.

So the story goes.2years ago He and a friend was transporting thier bikes on a trailer. They have been driving all night and were already exhausted then suddenly a semi truck drove past them real close and fast making the lose control and flipping the truck with the bikes on the trailer. He took that as a sign and gave up riding. Her i walk in we r good friends and business partners ive done alot of favors for him recently and to pay me back he asked me if i wanted it. So how could i turn it down.

It does need some repair. I.e. fuel tank, kick stand, mirror, all the plastic on the left side, and a battery, other than that it still starts up and drives (with a jump of course).

I dont think im gonna be able to ride it this year cause it needs repair and i cant afford it yet also i need to learn how to ride first. Im sure ill get the hang of it quickly i use to race cars profesionally. So understanding and respecting power comes naturally also watching around me for danger as well.

Ins paid him for it fine but it still makes no sense for somebody to give away a bike that's still worth a few thousand?

I cant wait tot ride it i may go see if i can start it tonight. But my friend lives far from me and i need some gas money.

Good luck getting free gas to get your free bike going. That is cool that you have a free bike, keep it rubber side down.

I hate to say it but I think you should sell it. I don't know you personally but the first impression I'm getting is you won't be able to give the bike the care it needs. Second, you've never rode before. The chances are good you and/or the bike will end up a mangled heap.

Congrats, if it went over in a truck like that i'd be measuring out the frame, swing arm, front end everything, really really good. It doesnt take much of anything being out of wack to cause some really bad things to happen. And a truck going over on it could definitely have tweaked some things that visually you just may not see.

Im only broke right mow because i just paid for my wedding and going on my honeymoon next week in new york. I do have alot of motorcycle friends that r gonna teach me and check the bike out completly before i even get on it. They deffinatly share the same concerns about safety and cost. Im not gonna get on the bike until i learn how to ride a smaller bike. It shouldnt take me to long.

Back