Wow, you guys were right.

Adam G

Registered
So I have had my 2012 Busa about 3 weeks now and have put 1100 miles on it. I have been having some problems with sore and numb hands. After reading posts here at the oRg I found that a handle riser was working for a lot of people to make the bike more comfortable. I ordered this one:

Hayabusa Front Lowering Kit, Hayabusa Handlebar Risers, Hayabusa Comfort

Put 200 miles on today and WOW!! what a difference an inch makes. I can't believe it. I am sitting more upright and most of the weight is off my hands. This has eliminated the hand discomfort and the new riding position is easier on back too.

It was easy to install. Just remove four bolts and put in the spacer. Put the supplied longer bolts in and you are good to go. The only issue I ran into was getting the stupid chrome caps off the top of the bolts. They were really stuck. Not only did I damage the caps but I also managed to put a couple of small scratches in the triple tree when the screwdriver I was prying them off with slipped.

Thinking this is a good excuse to get a chrome triple tree. If I could find new chrome bolt covers that are a little bigger than the stock ones they would cover the small scratches. Anyone know where I can get these? Wonder if an auto parts store would carry something like this?

The caps on my '06 wouldn't stay put after I removed them to install reaper risers.

So I have had my 2012 Busa about 3 weeks now and have put 1100 miles on it. I have been having some problems with sore and numb hands. After reading posts here at the oRg I found that a handle riser was working for a lot of people to make the bike more comfortable. I ordered this one:

Hayabusa Front Lowering Kit, Hayabusa Handlebar Risers, Hayabusa Comfort

Put 200 miles on today and WOW!! what a difference an inch makes. I can't believe it. I am sitting more upright and most of the weight is off my hands. This has eliminated the hand discomfort and the new riding position is easier on back too.

It was easy to install. Just remove four bolts and put in the spacer. Put the supplied longer bolts in and you are good to go. The only issue I ran into was getting the stupid chrome caps off the top of the bolts. They were really stuck. Not only did I damage the caps but I also managed to put a couple of small scratches in the triple tree when the screwdriver I was prying them off with slipped.

Thinking this is a good excuse to get a chrome triple tree. If I could find new chrome bolt covers that are a little bigger than the stock ones they would cover the small scratches. Anyone know where I can get these? Wonder if an auto parts store would carry something like this?

I mangled mine up also(and scratched up the edges of the top cover around the bolt holes)when changing over to a Brocks top tree.Would you believe those little chrome plated plastic pieces of crap are $6 each from Suzuki(with tax they wanted $26 for 4)?!Ended up finding 4 of the metal ones(with those little prongs,at any Home Depot/Ace,etc.)that go for about 50 cents each.:laugh:

Cool. I will check Home Depot. Feel like a clod scratching my brand new bike right where I look all the time too. Those little bazzturds were stuck so good I had no choice but to try and get a small flat head screwdriver in there to try and pry. On one I slipped and put a nice scratch on the triple tree and on the last one I put a good nick in it. Didn't take much. Really pisses me off though.

Same here bro(and you can believe we're not the only two this happened to:laugh:),first tried to lift up the edges with a thin knife blade(which didn't work either:laugh:)and then a really small screwdriver.Wanted to lower mine a little so bought a Brocks top tree and added some Heli-Bars while i was at it.Since i changed out the top tree i only had to find some caps to cover the bolt holes so not sure if you'll find any to cover the the edges of your factory tree cover while still fitting inside the bolt heads but it's worth a try,also gave the bolt heads a shot of flat black paint to blend in a little.

4-23-2013Heli-Bars006_zps3a6470c2.jpg

Make sure you check the tension on your brake lines, especially at full extension!!!!

Make sure you check the tension on your brake lines, especially at full extension!!!!

I was a little concerned about that. The instrument cluster cables had plenty of slack but I did notice the clutch and brake lines were affected. I tried to ease the extra tension and re-route a bit. I rolled the bike around and coasted down the driveway without the engine running to see if I could feel/hear any brake grab and I am good to go. Everything feels good clutch and brake lever wise. Thanks for the heads up. I am going to give another once over. Should get another 100 miles on today. All of the sudden I am eager to do the family errands and running around. Well, as long as I can haul whatever I am picking up on the bike!

What skydivr was referring too was having some slack left in the brake lines when the forks are fully extended. Unless you lift the front until the suspension is fully extended and check for tension on the brake lines you won't know.

I was a little concerned about that. The instrument cluster cables had plenty of slack but I did notice the clutch and brake lines were affected. I tried to ease the extra tension and re-route a bit. I rolled the bike around and coasted down the driveway without the engine running to see if I could feel/hear any brake grab and I am good to go. Everything feels good clutch and brake lever wise. Thanks for the heads up. I am going to give another once over. Should get another 100 miles on today. All of the sudden I am eager to do the family errands and running around. Well, as long as I can haul whatever I am picking up on the bike!

Many (me included) had to get new lines. I added 3/4 riser AND Helibar so It was worse. Used this as an excuse to upgrade lines; added an inch to make up for the additional extension. If you can, get your front end completely off the ground so you can see what it's doing to your lines when the front is completely unloaded. Makes for a much better riding position until your body adjusts (and believe it or not, with seat time, it WILL).

Yes it does make a big difference. I used the Genmar riser plate along with the Helibar risers and it's a night and day difference.

Never thought about the tension on the lines when fully extended. Clutch line could be an issue. Will check it out.

if your tall, go for the Buell peg mod as well to allow a pinch more leg room. the bar risers and buell pegs make the bus cozy for anyone over 6'.

Back