If I ever saw a road I would like to see how fast my Busa would go on, I saw it today

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
FL State Hwy 65, From I-10 south to the Ocean, just West of Tallahassee....I swear it had to be 60 miles; 2 lane, in the pine forest, NO CARS, NO HOUSES, NO NOTHING, STRAIGHT LINE, SMOOTH. If it wasn't for the deer, or a gator or something else in the road, I'd be sorely tempted to seek the top end of my Busa...It would do me NO good to live anywhere near that road.....

I would love to have video of what those pine forests look like when you get in triple digits and things start to blur....

Re: If I ever saw a road I would like to see how fast my Busa would go on, I saw it t

Be a man. - Do it....

Re: If I ever saw a road I would like to see how fast my Busa would go on, I saw it t

I would love a road like that near by me :whistle: You can always go to LSR event :thumbsup:

Now Diverman, when did you start to get all moist in the groin over straight-line roads? :laugh:

Now Diverman, when did you start to get all moist in the groin over straight-line roads? :laugh:

Forgive me, but it was just so surreal...you don't see clear roads THAT straight/flat/empty around here very often....And I did say "MY Bike" this time :)

You could call Blanca and ask him ,,no wait,,he's still out looking for a Florida 'twisty' ,,,hahaha

FL State Hwy 65, From I-10 south to the Ocean, just West of Tallahassee....I swear it had to be 60 miles; 2 lane, in the pine forest, NO CARS, NO HOUSES, NO NOTHING, STRAIGHT LINE, SMOOTH. If it wasn't for the deer, or a gator or something else in the road, I'd be sorely tempted to seek the top end of my Busa...It would do me NO good to live anywhere near that road.....

I would love to have video of what those pine forests look like when you get in triple digits and things start to blur....

Want to trader your twisties for these FL straights? I would be more than happy to. :down:

It would be handy as busa's cant turn :whistle:

Been on that road and many more like it in Fla. Those are the places we stretch our legs. Now that you have seen one you can understand why yes there are times when its OK to do 185 MPH just cuz you can and nobody will care.

All the bleeding hearts that carry on about top speed runs on public roads, ain't never seen these.

Been there, done that.

Come on boys, join me. Some visual jizz.

7997940923_58f102f944_o.jpg

Not a soul.

7998050208_c2e34b26ae_o.jpg

7997963943_8ac51663da_o.jpg

7998021375_0b200f5379_o.jpg

Now ya seen it.

Been zooming around in a 525 turbo diesel BMW here in Northern Germany on the Autobahn, best I can get is 148 mph.

Funny thing is most motorcycles ride off the Autobahn and if you do find them on the Autobahn they cruise around 80mph in the slow lane. Naked bikes pretty popular here, a lot of Suzuki bandits. Saw a Hayabusa at an ice-cream stop here out in the country and had a chat. Between my broken German and his broken English, I understood riding fast on the Autobahn with a bike is something you do once or twice, then it is no longer fun, just very tiring.

I was on a road like that traveling to Tempe AZ :whistle: It just kept going and going and going with no turns bends or traffic signals of any kind! I was mad as hell I was stuck in a car when I was making the trip :banghead:

It was just surprisingly that in the higher population-laden South, there would actually be a road that didn't have any traffic or homes on it for that long a distance. Didn't expect it.

There's just one problem with that (besides the obvious ones) and that is unfamiliarity with the road. I've had the needle touch 150 mph a couple times but only on a stretch I was very familiar with. There's no way I would try it on an unfamiliar road. At 100 MPH your moving at 146 ft per second I'd hate to try and dodge a pot hole going that fast.

It was just surprisingly that in the higher population-laden South, there would actually be a road that didn't have any traffic or homes on it for that long a distance. Didn't expect it.

Central and North Fla, not so much. So. and south western Fla is the populated part. Fla has got miles of nothing still. No way I'd want to live in these parts either. But they were gracious enough to make roads through it. The panhandle area was nothing for years. But in the past 6 or so years it is starting to build up. Milton, Niceville, etc. was NOTHING. You could haul butt through these parts until a few years ago. I-10 is about as long and boring a stretch of interstate you could find about a handful of years ago.

Montana hwy90 mile marker 364 . I may have gone a little bit over the legal speed limit

Casper to Shoshoni is a good one. :whistle: really casper to anywhere is a good road. :rofl:

I didn't know florida was like that. LOL.

Honestly, what do you think the highway patrol would do if they caught you going that fast? I know Florida is the subject of a lot of controversy right now... Curious about their speeding policies too :p

Back