Stock exhaust cans

Busarider007

Registered
Picked up a pair of stock cans ($30) with the guts inside mostly removed and sounds really nice.
Question is...does it mess up the fuel map since there is not enough back flow pressure? loss of hp? does the ECU need to be worked on to ensure smooth riding?

Since I installed them, the bike's vibrations have increased as there is not enough material to absorb the sound, makes sense?

Thoughts?

Picked up a pair of stock cans ($30) with the guts inside mostly removed and sounds really nice.
Question is...does it mess up the fuel map since there is not enough back flow pressure? loss of hp? does the ECU need to be worked on to ensure smooth riding?

Since I installed them, the bike's vibrations have increased as there is not enough material to absorb the sound, makes sense?

Thoughts?

Done this mod a few times. If alot of material was takin' out,yes,head for the dyno.

If only the ends were drilled,yer good to go.

Pair valve mod a nessecity either way.

Vibration...a little extra may be felt.

RSD.

From what i can see, it's got straight tubes with fiberglass packing, that's it. Does this mean that a dyno is required?
How do you mod the Pair valves?

If its a genII the back pressure comes from the stock header. Just do the marble mod and be done. gen1 needs to be mapped.

You're right RSD, got them on n they did pop on de-cell, where does the marble go?
But lil charlie mentioned that it has to be mapped :confused2:

You're right RSD, got them on n they did pop on de-cell, where does the marble go?
But lil charlie mentioned that it has to be mapped :confused2:

You should be fine without a map.

Lift the tank and look under the air box,right side,back corner. There you will see a hose. A black hose 5/8 of an' inch diameter.It leads up the frame and down towards the rad. Pull this hose off the air box,stuff in the marble(or similar) stuff the hose back on. Go for a ride. No more backfire.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Also,you cant get a map done without a Power Commander(PC) installed. If the bike seems like its running like crap,you can find PC's real cheap these days,especially for early Busa's.

My guess,no PC will be needed. If one is needed,get back to us,the install is real easy.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Oh,to lift the tank. 2 bolts at the front. Lift slowly. In yer trunk(under the passenger seat or hump,there should be a black metal rod clipped to the clutch side.Pull it out. Its a tank prop. End with 2 90% bends goes in the hole on top of the triple trees. Other end thru hole in tank where bolt was.

carefull lowering the tank,you wont damage anything,but dont want to kink a fuel line.

RSD.

Got some original cans that have been debaffled on mine and noticed a bit of rough running.Done this mod and it seems a good bit smoother:thumbsup:

Did the marble mod and what a diff, not much vibration, no popping n it sounds great.
Thanks to all, especially Rubb.

The marble mod is a cheap, quick, simple fix. If you ever feel the need to do a permanent fix you can remove the entire pair valve system and install block off plates instead of blocking a line with a marble. There's nothing wrong with the marble either, just wanted you to have all the info. I rode mine around for 2 years with a marble before I used block off plates.

The marble mod is a cheap, quick, simple fix. If you ever feel the need to do a permanent fix you can remove the entire pair valve system and install block off plates instead of blocking a line with a marble. There's nothing wrong with the marble either, just wanted you to have all the info. I rode mine around for 2 years with a marble before I used block off plates.
That helps I have the whole system removed on my other one but this a really easy cheap fix

I sent him all that info/how to: in a PM couple days ago.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Back