ooo shoot!

spydigtconv149

Registered
well i kinda messed up and was wondering if anybody has a fix.. i was bleeding the brake at the master cylinder and some brake fluid got on my speedo lens. i didn't realize it till the following day and now this..

2013-05-31200558_zps05fc93d5.jpg

can i fix it?

Maybe with a capital M.
Plexiglass polish and a small wheel may buff it out?
Do you have any car wax? Rub a little on it and see if it has any effect?
If that works than seek something stronger like a stick of plexi polish.
Hopefully it didn't 'melt' it or soak deep.

Maybe a headlite polishing kit. The ultimate fix would be replacement with used part. Cant be that much for lens,if you go that route,just dont drop the circuit board when you take out the 7 screws on the back.Nothing holds the internals in but a compression fit.Do it over a towel,over the bench.

Question, why are you bleeding from the master? Dont you want all the air out of your system?

RSD.

Maybe a headlite polishing kit. The ultimate fix would be replacement with used part. Cant be that much for lens,if you go that route,just dont drop the circuit board when you take out the 7 screws on the back.Nothing holds the internals in but a compression fit.Do it over a towel,over the bench.

Question, why are you bleeding from the master? Dont you want all the air out of your system?

RSD.

I mean I understand if you were installing a new master in a car or truck,you would "bench bleed" to speed things up a bit. ???

RSD.

You bleed the master before you bleed the lines to get all the air out...

That fluid has etched the acrylic (it's a solvent to it) and it's not likely to come out.

i just had the entire bike apart to have the frame powder coated so just as a precaution i bled there as well.

RSD.

i am going to try some waxes first. i have some industrial waxes that are a lil more abrasive..

Maybe with a capital M.
Plexiglass polish and a small wheel may buff it out?
Do you have any car wax? Rub a little on it and see if it has any effect?
If that works than seek something stronger like a stick of plexi polish.
Hopefully it didn't 'melt' it or soak deep.

Back