Bad ECU??

hazebusa

Registered
Just trying to trouble shoot but I posted that in sixth gear I get a hard jerk and my rpms drop all the way down while cruising and my f1 light comes I talked to a couple other busa owners and they seem to think it is the ecu has anybody ever had any experience with a bad ecu and no of any signs??

Get the FI code.Its easy to do.Tell us what the code number is,or read it from the list. Dont have a manual,download it its free and you'll need it later.

Stop guessing and go get your hands dirty,this is easy stuff at this point.

You have a ton of views to yer thread here,and no responces. The keyboard in front of you is an' invaluable tool,but its not as good as piece of wire. :laugh:

RSD.

Well the thing with getting the code is unless the f1 light is on it just gives 00 I tried to get it to come on this afternoon but no luck I appreciate all the advice just trying to do what I can.

This is brilliant advice and well worth the little effort required. Get the code it will then at least point you in the right direction.

Do not go out and buy an ECU just yet....because you simply may not need one!

Have you looked at the link that rubbersidedown posted ?

It is extremely rare to have a fault with the ecu but it does happen.
On my gen I the ecu got smoked...literally made a loud pop and opened up a split 5" long and poured out clouds of smoke. True story and I still have the ecu to either show people or even post pics if need be.

My problem was an internal short within the ecu (very rare occurrence). I purchased another couple of ecu's (yes I have 3 of them now) just in case.
Bike runs better than ever now.

But this info is just that...information and most likely useless in your case because I could almost guarantee that your problem is nothing like mine. Mine was very extreme indeed.

ps. no codes came up on my busa simply because there was no time ...happened instantly.....

Best you get those codes asap and go from there.
You will find plenty of very useful info on this forum.....
Have you located the connector and used a piece of thin wire to extract the codes from your bikes display?

Let me know if you get stuck and I can help you find pics of exactly what you need to do!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Ive done the wire test but right now it says c00 which means no problem im gonna have to ride it until the light cones on again and then do the test again but thanks for the support I will def let yall know when I figure out what error code I get

Ride with the jumper wire in.
Then as soon as the FI light comes on you'll get the code.
It's not the ecu.

Ive done the wire test but right now it says c00 which means no problem im gonna have to ride it until the light cones on again and then do the test again but thanks for the support I will def let yall know when I figure out what error code I get

Right on...Git 'er done.

RSD.

get_r_done_mugshot.jpg

Well the thing with getting the code is unless the f1 light is on it just gives 00 I tried to get it to come on this afternoon but no luck I appreciate all the advice just trying to do what I can.
Not an expert but I think you can ride around with the jumper in and catch the code.

Ok guys this morning i jammed the paperclip in the little switch unfortunately for me my commute to work requires no highway travel but i will be getting on the highway this afternoon to hit the gym right now my dash is reading C00 hopefully i will get some results this afternoon thanks again for everybody's input.:bowdown:

Ok guys this morning i jammed the paperclip in the little switch unfortunately for me my commute to work requires no highway travel but i will be getting on the highway this afternoon to hit the gym right now my dash is reading C00 hopefully i will get some results this afternoon thanks again for everybody's input.:bowdown:

Atta boy,get them hands dirty.

RSD.

That's not good!
Use a wire with no exposed ends outside of the plug(if you're riding, otherwise the paperclip is fine).
If that paperclip grounds on any metal surface you're going to have more problems.
The plug is going to vibrate and possibly move around some as you ride.

i have it secured so that it won't move and i have the exposed part of the paperclip covered in electrical tape but thanks for the concern

That's not good!
Use a wire with no exposed ends outside of the plug(if you're riding, otherwise the paperclip is fine).
If that paperclip grounds on any metal surface you're going to have more problems.
The plug is going to vibrate and possibly move around some as you ride.

Yes you sure don't want to be adding to your dramas and possibly blowing fuses.......

It is extremely rare to have a fault with the ecu but it does happen.
On my gen I the ecu got smoked...literally made a loud pop and opened up a split 5" long and poured out clouds of smoke. True story and I still have the ecu to either show people or even post pics if need be.
I'd like to see this photo

:thumbsup: great I'm not doubting you about it, I just want to see it. You don't ever hear something like that happening to the busa

Ok guys finally im throwing codes c32, 33, 34, 35

Hi hazebusa take note of the following information:

The codes you are getting derive a possible problem from your bikes injectors

c32 - injector #1 (refer to piston 1)
c33- injector #2 (refer to piston 2)
c34 - injector #3 (refer to piston 3)
c35 - injector #4 (refer to piston 4)

First off the bat check the connections for each and every cylinder to make sure they are secure.
Secondly you might find it helpful to check the injector harness from start to finish and look at it closely for obvious signs of wear.

Let us know how you get on then we can take it further if necessary......

Back