Battery ?

kennym4

Registered
I forgot to hook my battery tender up this winter for about 2 1/2 months, tried to start the bike, and it wouldn't start. So I hooked the tender up, after a day the light turned green. Last Saturday I was going to ride, So I took off the tender and it wouldn't start. I figured the battery was shot (it was about 3 years old). Went, and got a new battery today, and put it in. It started right up, went for a ride to get something to eat. When I was done eating, it started right up (about 10 miles round trip). Got home, pulled in driveway, and put the kick stand down, which turned the bike off (driveway is sloped). I was going to open the garage door, and I started talking to my neighbor for about 5-10 minutes, and forgot all about turning the key off, until saw the headlight still on, so I opened the garage, went to start the bike, and it wouldn't turn over. It would crank, then shut down, until I let off the start switch, Then it would prime itself again. I hooked the tender up to it for about 3 minutes, took it off, and it started right up. I turned it off, and hooked the tender back up. About 2 hours later the light turned green, and it started right up. Just wondering.......could it be something else ? I do not want to get an hour away, and this thing not start.

2006 LE
just over 20K miles
Power Commander, K7N air filter & full pipe, is the only things on it, and have been for years.

ANY comments would be GREATLY appreciated !!

Sounds like the battery just needs to be charged good. Something like that happened to me when I first got my bike and a good charge fixed it. My bike was almost 6 years old when I sold it and still had the factory battery in it.

Back