Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

  1. #1
    Professional Pilot
    Fireman6615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    611
    Images
    5

    Default Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Anyone seen or heard of these helmets and have any opinions? They look pretty nice in the photos, but $159.00, that just sounds to cheap considering the features. I know its a Bilt product but what do you guys think?

    BILT - Techno Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet - Bluetooth - Motorcycle Helmets - Street - CycleGear - Cycle Gear
    Gary

  2. #2
    Professional Pilot mracer29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    517

    Default

    I had 2 vega v-tune helmets. I'm sure this is close to the same quality. I think u be better off to get a Scala rider g4 or g9 and put it into your existing helmet or a new quality helmet. Some friends just got a pair of g9 scala riders for around $300, if you can find someone to go in with its 150 ea and a great unit.

    I'm running a g4 in a Schuberth S2 helmet, with Siri on my iPhone I can do everything while riding by voice commands.

    Edit ... Just checked they paid $390 for the G9 2 pack

  3. #3
    Seasoned Beef


    dadofthree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Barnwell, SC
    Posts
    65,919

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Is it DOT SNELL
    Robert

  4. #4
    Professional Pilot mracer29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dadofthree View Post
    Is it DOT SNELL
    Lots of companies now use ECE to rate helmets.

  5. #5
    Professional Pilot
    Fireman6615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    611
    Images
    5

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Quote Originally Posted by dadofthree View Post
    Is it DOT SNELL
    Don't know, not much info available on it. I may go look at tomorrow and get some more info. I'll post up something when I find out. Hey Racer, I was considering adding an external unit also, mostly wanting it for hooking up to my phone, that Scala is nice.
    Gary

  6. #6
    Hayabusa Immortal
    Ezduzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greer SC
    Posts
    4,417
    Images
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman6615 View Post
    Anyone seen or heard of these helmets and have any opinions? They look pretty nice in the photos, but $159.00, that just sounds to cheap considering the features. I know its a Bilt product but what do you guys think?

    BILT - Techno Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet - Bluetooth - Motorcycle Helmets - Street - CycleGear - Cycle Gear
    I bought the modular version, none Bluetooth and love it. I was thinking about exchanging it for that very one but changed my mind.

    Sent from my busa.
    low and long!

  7. #7
    Professional Pilot mracer29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Scala G4 is a cheaper option. The vega v-tunes would only pair with another v-tune helmet, 100ft really isn't very far while riding. The scala will get you a mile. Built in fm radio.

    Last group ride when I'd get to far ahead of my g/f her scala would disconnect and I'd pull over and wait for her.

  8. #8
    Professional Pilot
    Fireman6615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    611
    Images
    5

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Well a little follow up. I went down to CycleGear today and put my hands on one. Looks pretty good and has a good fit, the inside padding is nice and the chin spoiler is huge. The flip down visor is really nice, they're just about as big as the visor. Ventilation is OK, could be better. The drawback is the Bluetooth. I spoke with Melinda, one of the girls that work there, known her for a while and she will give me the heads up. She said the helmet is nice but the Blutooth is no good at speed, you cant hear it well. Just passing this on.
    Gary

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman6615 View Post
    Well a little follow up. I went down to CycleGear today and put my hands on one. Looks pretty good and has a good fit, the inside padding is nice and the chin spoiler is huge. The flip down visor is really nice, they're just about as big as the visor. Ventilation is OK, could be better. The drawback is the Bluetooth. I spoke with Melinda, one of the girls that work there, known her for a while and she will give me the heads up. She said the helmet is nice but the Blutooth is no good at speed, you cant hear it well. Just passing this on.
    Ok just bought this helmet, called daughter while driving over 90 on freeway with Road King running Sampson Pipes, (very loud) and I asked her how it sounded, she said great, I said I was on the bike, she said I can not tell, so I went to 100 mph, she said she still could not tell. I love my new helmet. I own a company and love to ride my bike, the one thing that has kept me from that is finding a bluetooth that would disguise that I am riding, I found it.
    Schism and KvHotDog4 like this.

  10. #10
    Professional Booga Flicka

    Flicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    7,100

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunior View Post
    Ok just bought this helmet, called daughter while driving over 90 on freeway with Road King running Sampson Pipes, (very loud) and I asked her how it sounded, she said great, I said I was on the bike, she said I can not tell, so I went to 100 mph, she said she still could not tell. I love my new helmet. I own a company and love to ride my bike, the one thing that has kept me from that is finding a bluetooth that would disguise that I am riding, I found it.
    100 MPH on a Harley? I'm calling









    Kidding

    Glad you like the new lid.
    "You can live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in a lifetime." - Don Williams


    2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
    2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Off Road
    2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa (RIP) -> The Crash

  11. #11
    Hayabusa Immortal

    Busa1166's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    9,097
    Images
    3

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Sena released a lower price unit the smh5

    Name is Manny

  12. #12
    Seasoned Pilot snbusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    318
    Images
    1

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I had 2 vega v-tune helmets. I'm sure this is close to the same quality. I think u be better off to get a Scala rider g4 or g9 and put it into your existing helmet or a new quality helmet. Some friends just got a pair of g9 scala riders for around $300, if you can find someone to go in with its 150 ea and a great unit.

    I'm running a g4 in a Schuberth S2 helmet, with Siri on my iPhone I can do everything while riding by voice commands.

    Edit ... Just checked they paid $390 for the G9 2 pack
    How do I reach Siri without touching my iPhone? thanks

  13. #13
    Seasoned Beef


    dadofthree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Barnwell, SC
    Posts
    65,919

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flicka View Post
    100 MPH on a Harley? I'm calling









    Kidding

    Glad you like the new lid.

    I've actually had one with work at 117 before , as indicated
    Robert

  14. #14
    Professional Pilot mracer29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snbusa View Post
    How do I reach Siri without touching my iPhone? thanks
    From the g4 press the top center button once wait a second Siri will beep.

  15. #15
    Top Gun KvHotDog4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Just bought 2 of this same helmet and took the first ride today on dads VTX1300 with loud pipes its very quiet and I am eager to try the phone out on my way home today. I could hear the music perfectly and I did not have it all the way up. My speed way around 80 mph.

    I am going to Panama this weekend on the VTX and my fiance is coming too, she has a matching helmet, my main purpose is for the intercom function. We will be trying that out this afternoon as well.

    If you passed on this helmet good luck finding another, cycle gear said they could not get anymore till July and was not sure if they would still be on sale. I was lucky and they called about 3 days after I was looking for one (I am a regular and the local cycle gear), and said a guy just returned one because it was a b-day present from his wife and was way too big------pure luck!
    Black Betty now has a younger brother named Onyx

  16. #16

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Hate to dig up an old threat, but....

    I found out I am getting a full-face bilt techno for christmas. I do not care so much about the 'tech' side of things as I will still probably use headphones. But, I am worried about the construction of the helmet. While it is probably better than the old vega I am running, I am still concerned about the quality (low price)

    Since these came out, has anyone else had any more long-term experience with these?

    -THE MENACE

  17. #17
    Hayabusa Immortal
    GNBRETT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Middle Earth (Connecticut)
    Posts
    4,144

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Lots of companies now use ECE to rate helmets.
    yea but that don't mean chit at the track here in the US

    RCC Turbo Busa Super Ultra
    POWERHOUSE Motorcycles
    www.Powerhousemc.com
    email: Powerhouseturbo@gmail.com
    (631) 491-6767
    Frank

  18. #18
    Professional Pilot HOOKDADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    558
    Images
    1

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flicka View Post
    100 MPH on a Harley? I'm calling









    Kidd
    Glad you like the new lid.
    lol i love it im calling bs to
    Schism likes this.
    TFC= Too.Fing.Cool
    CBL=Country.Boy.Living
    BUSA=Busa.Undeniable.Superior.Acceleration

  19. #19
    Hayabusa Legend PADEROLIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LAS VEGAS
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    I just picked one up a Bilt FF BT helmet this past Saturday for $159; the modular was selling for $179. So far I am very pleased with the performance. I can hear my music just fine without having the volume too high, and the wind noise isn't too bad at all IMO. I like that the inner sun shield comes down to almost touching the nose gaurd, something my Scorpion EXO1000 doesnt do. I haven't tested the bike to bike function yet, but calls sound great!
    Schism likes this.
    Born 07 vigor blue. Sold its soul to the Dark Side in 2010... SHE RIDES AGAIN!!!


  20. #20
    Hayabusa Immortal
    Schism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,069
    Images
    5

    Default Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

    ^just spotted this today in my cycle gear catalog. i dig the look of the lid and fit and finish looks pretty good. have you tested calls with highway speeds? got a pic of yours?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •