Chain Lube

TreyYoung

Registered
OK, I know we have posted many times before, but here we go again. I have use the last of my Dupont (Yellow Can), and I have tried ordering new from two different places and both say the Dupont yellow has been discontinued. I just purchased the can below, anyone using? So far, I do not like it like I did the Dupont... Also, I found one rubber o-ring hanging off the chain, how soon before I need a new chain?

Lube.jpg

Hmmm I have the yellow can also but a few of the blue cans left.
The seal is used to prevent dust from getting in on the roller pin. You can run it for awhile till you replace the chain. How long?? No worries

I'm sure I tried stuff you have there. Hate is a strong word but not strong enough! Complete crap attracts dirt and then cuddles it, cuddles it hard.

Go to walmart...i bought several of the dupont yellow cans there...no one else had them. The blue dupont cans are no longer recommended for motorcycle chains. When i was looking into the dupont products i read somewhere that the yellow can formula is still available but labeled for commercial use.

Amsoil , best chain lube I've tried.MP Heavy-Duty Metal Protector
Made with special rust and corrosion inhibitors. Excellent on metal surfaces, leaves a long-lasting protective coating. Protects against the effects of salt, moisture & chemical corrosion. Works as an undercoat, leaving a wax-like film. Recommended for motorcycle chains. Won’t “sling-off”. Dry to the touch.
AMSOIL MP Heavy-Duty Metal Protector

So why in the heck did DuPont, after messing with the best product out there (dry formula blue can) moving everyone to yellow can, THEN get rid of yellow can? Who ARE the idiots running DuPont now anyway?

Thanks Krom, just ordered 8 cans. I thought I had searched everywhere, but this is the first I have seen of SoloMotoParts. Thanks again

You're set for a long time with 8 cans, but it's also available from three other sellers through Amazon. :thumbsup:

So why in the heck did DuPont, after messing with the best product out there (dry formula blue can) moving everyone to yellow can, THEN get rid of yellow can? Who ARE the idiots running DuPont now anyway?

Just e-mailed DuPont...

Hi,

There is a rumor in some circles of the motorcycle community that DuPont's Teflon Chain-Saver Lubricant has been discontinued. That would be very unfortunate, as it is thought by many to be the best available product for the maintenance of motorcycle drive chains.

Could you please confirm or deny the discontinuation of this product?

Thanks

Here's the reply I received directly from DuPont:

Hi Daniel.

I am curious as to how such a rumor could start.

Chain-Saver is not only still for sale, but it is just being launched at Canadian Tire this month. We have no plans of changing or discontinuing this product. It is currently carried by Tucker Rocky distribution and by Walmart and Mills Fleet Farm. We hope to continue to expand distribution of this product over the next few years.

Bill Coleman
Sales & Marketing

Back