Do you sit on you're bike while you fill it up?

Do you sit on you're bike while you fill it up?

• Total voters

My Busa

Registered
Do you sit on you're bike while you fill it up? I normally leave it on the kick stand while filling it up.

Some say They do so that they can get every last drop in the bike while it's level.

Some say never as they always have the bike on it's kick stand while filling up, thus they are not sitting on the bike.

What say you?

Comments? Thoughts?

I am sure someone will come up with some safety reason not to, but I always sit, fill, and go. Not into wasting time

I always sit on the bike. In my mind, it's important to keep the bike level so you can get the most gas you can in the tank. Putting it on the side stand doesn't allow the most efficient use of tank space.

I have always sat on mine while I filled it up. Does get a true full tank that way, and I guess mainly because, that's just the way I've always done it. Now that we have card activated pumps, it's easier than ever.

If you are not sitting on it, how much fuel do you think you are missing out on? 1/4 gallon? Half gallon? more?

always get off the bike.. take off the gloves and pull the wallet out of the back pocket to get credit card plus stretch out the legs.. don't really care much about 100% full.. i always fill it when it gets to qtr on the needle..

I always fill it up while sitting on it because I'm usually just starting or in the middle of riding. Plus I pull close to the pump so if someone is going around me, the wont hit me. I like to be able to move as soon as I'm done filling. I know, with my luck, if I left it there to grab a coke or something, It'd get hit.

It doesn't matter if it's only 1/8th of a gallon that I would miss out on if the bike was on the side stand. When I go for a ride, it's usually at least 175 miles... I don't always know where the next opportunity to fill up would be so I want the most I can get in the tank, just in case. Every drop counts.

Here in Oregon theres a law that you cant pump your own gas. No attendant ever says anything when a bike pulls up and pumps his own but Im starting to wonder what they would say if I had them fill it up and made them sit on the bike while doing it to get that last drop in there. Might try that some day. :laugh:

I get off the bike to dig out my wallet, fill it on the kickstand. I like a little air buffer in the tank so that the gas don't warm, expand, & purge out the overflow anyway.

Here in Aus if you sit on your bike while filling it up they just turn off the pump and announce over the speakers that they will not turn it back on till you get off the bike, So no i do not sit to fill.:laugh:

always sit on the bike while filling it up to get every last drop i can in it, i've come way too close to running out a few times not to want all i can get in her :beerchug:

Stop, keep sitting , fill her up , still sitting , start her , still sitting and ride off ! Simple , short precise.

its a little difficult to reach the gas pump when sitting on the bike....:whistle: therefore, ur gonna have to get off and take ur gloves off to get ur debit card out to swipe or cash to pay so since im already standing up why would sit back down to only have to stand back up to hang up the gas pump????

not to mention im sitting (or holding on....:whistle:) the entire time while riding and like to stretch my legs when I stop.

I got nervous the first time i got off my bike to fill up, seems like typical drivers loose their common sense to look around before moving around at the gas station so I sit on the bike and fill up so I can make sure if they don't see my bike, they at least see a big 6'4" guy sitting the bike...and if they get too close to my liking then I can at least roll up or back a little before they get an earful of how I really feel...I tend to fill up at the pump that has the least amount of traffic so if I've been riding for a while, I can hop off and stretch a little. :thumbsup:

Back