Front brakes

StrtRac3r

Registered
Sooo, I wanted to upgrade a little on my front brakes. My rotors were decent so I slapped on some HH pads and cleaned everything. Since then my rotors started looking pretty crappy. And when it's cold out I get a little noise when I'm right about to stop. (if you have used a brake lathe it's similar to the vibration noise you get when you forget the straps). Any ideas because this rotor is still smooth, but looking baaaad.

image-1351674393.jpg

image-1351674393.jpg

Oh yeah forgot the question part.... Can anyone tell me what's goin on with this rotor from the markings?

Those markings are normal. Did you check your bearings? In my experience, almost any weird noise in the front end area has wound up to be bearings. New brake pads may also amplify worn bearing issues. Pull the wheel off and rotate the bearings with your finger - they should roll like butter. If they click, crunch, pop, or feel in any way weird, replace them.

Is there a page on this forum about it that he could go to?

No need for a thread, bedding is simple. Just don't do it in a place where you might have to stop when the brakes are really hot. Just do some quick breaking from 60 Mph or so, down to 10-15 Mph or so, like 5 or 6 in a row without stopping. The ride a bit without stopping until the brakes cool.

Sorry I didn't get back. I did bed them, but bearings are a good point. Now that it's stopping better it may be making those noisy. I'm off to check that link. Thanks all.

^^ I'll be changing rotors, pads, and lines before next summer. I just was hoping I didn't have to worry about them sooner.

Back