Tuning the Busa

superchargedv8

Registered
Ok so ive been looking into tuning the busa and to be honest ive never done it on a bike. On my vehicles i datalog the info and get a remote tune done by my tuner. Soo far its been great and have had no problems. For the busa tho ive seen the ecu editing equipment like ,woolich(spelling),ecu editor/boost by smith. Which brand would you guys recommend i get and why? And also what is all that is needed to start beside the laptop.

First things first you should put your bike year and add-ons / mods in your sig so we know what your working with. Theres not alot of tuning to do on a stock bike just like your cars you tune. You need more intake and exhaust flow to bring the power. I have both a power commander and a ecu flash unit. The power commander has presets for combinations of pipes and mods. The ecueditor and flash boxes have more options like controlling your limiters, pair valve and such but your going to want to dyno the bike as it has no preset tunes. If your going to dyno the bike you might want to find out if the dyno shop uses ecueditor or power commander and base that on what tuner you pickup. That being said I have a brand new power commander for a gen2 if your looking for one. Just PM me.

First things first you should put your bike year and add-ons / mods in your sig so we know what your working with. Theres not alot of tuning to do on a stock bike just like your cars you tune. You need more intake and exhaust flow to bring the power. I have both a power commander and a ecu flash unit. The power commander has presets for combinations of pipes and mods. The ecueditor and flash boxes have more options like controlling your limiters, pair valve and such but your going to want to dyno the bike as it has no preset tunes. If your going to dyno the bike you might want to find out if the dyno shop uses ecueditor or power commander and base that on what tuner you pickup. That being said I have a brand new power commander for a gen2 if your looking for one. Just PM me.

What he said^^^^^

so would it be best to get both the pc and the ecu editor or one or the other. I just got the bike not to long ago so I'm starting to add parts and it is no where near done thats why I'm wanting to stay away from a dyno because if its anything like dynoing a car...it gets expensive, only to have to go back because you changed or upgraded something. I was under the impression that i could make my own adjustments if i went with the ecu editor stuff, or is a dyno absolutely necessary?

**forgot to mention that the reason i want to start tuning it is because i have that stumble under 4k which is so common on these bikes and because ill be adding an exhaust soon.

You can make your own adjustments with either through the pid's on a laptop. Both have that ability but the PC has presets where the editor doesnt. Go download both the PC and ecueditor software and take a look at them.

You can make your own adjustments with either through the pid's on a laptop. Both have that ability but the PC has presets where the editor doesnt. Go download both the PC and ecueditor software and take a look at them.

Im guessing i have to run both softwares on a windows based pc correct? Im on a mac right now

Is there not a system that datalogs on a flash card slot or similar to where i can just ride the bike, come back and extract the usb card, load it up on the computer and make changes that way?

This might be what you're looking for: Gen 2 Busa / GSXR1000 / BKING DATALOGGER

woolich2.jpg

This might be what you're looking for: Gen 2 Busa / GSXR1000 / BKING DATALOGGER

woolich2.jpg
ill see if they make one for a gen one or if that one will work....I wasn't sure what i needed. But on drag cars you make a run which you record then come back to the pits and bring up the file on your computer and revise it to see how the car ran....was just wondering if there was such a thing for motorcycles. It seems that that woolich racing unit might be what i need. I just gotta see if they make one for the gen1 busa...Thanks to all for the help and clarifications.

They do make one for the gen1. You can do ride around data logging on either one including the PC3 and 5 but you need to keep it hooked to the laptop unless you have the flash logger.

They do make one for the gen1. You can do ride around data logging on either one including the PC3 and 5 but you need to keep it hooked to the laptop unless you have the flash logger.

i was looking at the pc5 autotune...anyof you guys using those? Am i just better off getting the pc5 and be done with it? Its not a total race bike i just want it to run smooth from first gear to last and posibbly gain a bit of power doing so. This bike stuff is so new to me so thanx for helping just trying to wrap my head around what i need to get it right.

Back