Contradicting info on adjusting TPS

superchargedv8

Registered
I wanna take a look at my TPS setting as lately ive been noticing a slight stumble under 4k, almost feels like a slight missfire. I searched on how to get a reading on the dash BUT i came across a how to that showed the -C00 reading while the bike was not running and then i saw another how to that claimed the bike had to be warmed up and at idle and only then was i supposed to have the -C00 reading....which is the correct way to do it?
Also i should be good when setting a 1200rpm idle once the bike is warmed up correct?

Here is what the manual states. From the directions, it looks like it is supposed to be running.

TPS Adjustment.jpg

I have a question about the dashes before the "C". If the dashes are at the top or the bottom what effects does this have on the bike when its running? Meaning what changes does it make to the computer I guess, does it make it run richer, leaner or what?

thanks for the info twotone....I was gunna raise my idle a bit so that the bike idles at 1200( raising the idle to get a bit more oil pressure at idle). I can set the idle to where i want it and then adjust tps correct?

I didn't even make it through reading that repair page. Too complicated! If I had to deal with that I'd have a new ZX14R in the garage.......I'm no mechanic!:laugh:

Back