Ummmm....that was a stop sign lady!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered

Things like this just make South Florida lame. I dearly miss back country Tennessee roads.
So many ways this could have gone horribly wrong.

Just plain awesome... Glad it didn't get any worse.

Within a mile of my house. Just getting settled into my gloves and boots. I saw her and watched her. Gopro makes things look quicker than they are but it would have been close if she continued out in front of me. Can't even say whether I would have tried to outrun her and go in front or brake hard and steer behind her? Can say though I had two fingers instead of one on the lever and would have gotten all I needed out of the fronts, unlike when that lady had the nerve to stop in front of me :)
Glad I didn't find out.

First to ask:
What Camera?

Gopro hero2

Very wide angle. GoPro?

There is a stretch of road one mile from me that is a mini dragon, 4 miles long.

Long sweepers, decreasing radius uphills, radical downhill twisties.
Grew up here and bought a house 1 mile from home. (Moms house)

I rarely ride on populated roads for this reason. People drive stupid, all over.

Head on a swivel, brother.

Herring

I'd like to think that this was a good example of why I ride with both my hi and lo hids on all the time.
She saw me, maybe last minute or second that is but she saw me. One oem lo beam on only and I'm not so sure. The difference in time from when she would see both my hids to when she would see an oem lo beam may have been the milliseconds I needed?

That's why I don't ride in urban areas any more than I just have to. I can ride the backroads for hundreds of miles and not have a single close call. Go into Springfield, and it's one after another. So, if I have to go into town, I just take the truck.

I remember back in the day they would ticket people for not stopping at the sign which is also placed before the cross walk to keep pedestrians alive. Cops have pretty much given up enforcing that here in Florida. I get honked at when I stop at the sign, then try to proceed. :banghead:

At least they stopped. I love the ones that run them, see you and stop in the lane :banghead:

seems like a pretty normal stop to me. at most intersection you cant see chit unless u pull to the edge of the road anyway.

Yeah I kind of agree on that^^^^ But still when riding up the first thought is that they are running it and your brain just snaps into survival mode for that split second.

seems like a pretty normal stop to me. at most intersection you cant see chit unless u pull to the edge of the road anyway.

The pedestrian crosswalk is past the stop sign. You're supposed to STOP and proceed slowly thru making sure no walkers, kids or bicycles or in front of you. Had there been one they would have been toast.

The pedestrian crosswalk is past the stop sign. You're supposed to STOP and proceed slowly thru making sure no walkers, kids or bicycles or in front of you. Had there been one they would have been toast.
ppl are also supposed to stop for flashing red lights but that rarely happens....:laugh: I didnt see any pedestrians and that intersection has a poor line of sight to the left blocked by a huge bush.

IF..... the person operating that truck happened to stop at the stop sign and simply proceed to make a left hand turn for example they would have surely cut you off. watch the video slowly and ull see that the stop sign is not in ur line of sight till ur almost on top on the intersection. if YOU cant see the truck at the stop sign the truck cant see you.

I agree tho, it doesnt give me that warm and fuzzy felling when im on my bike tho when someone creeps to the edge of the road but in reality its probably the safer thing to do.

Back