Steel or Aluminum subframe?

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone ever held them both in the air at one time? Or compared their weights on a scale? I'm about to swap my subframes from red Haybus Busa to black Superbyke Busa(aluminum). Since I'm trying to get the Superbyke down to 250 pounds(it's 260 now), then puting the steel subframe onto my red faired Busa will help for riding two up and luggage capacity as well.
If anyone knows, I'd sure appreciate the info! Doyle

what would the strength vs weight of chrome moly tubing and the Al square tubing? for the sake of one off and super strong the materials could cater more to you specific build...it is a topic that have delt with today...the steel will scrape and rust..Al will not yet it is weaker

Hold on there pilgrim? Did you say you street fighter Busa you have weighs 260lbs?

How can that be?

Has anyone ever held them both in the air at one time? Or compared their weights on a scale? I'm about to swap my subframes from red Haybus Busa to black Superbyke Busa(aluminum). Since I'm trying to get the Superbyke down to 250 pounds(it's 260 now), then puting the steel subframe onto my red faired Busa will help for riding two up and luggage capacity as well.
If anyone knows, I'd sure appreciate the info! Doyle

Search commuta busa posts, he had weights on a few of them. Should hack the subframe to hell and put a super sport molded tail on it.

Hold on there pilgrim? Did you say you street fighter Busa you have weighs 260lbs?

How can that be?

Yes my inquisitive colleague, on a certified racing scale, the Superbyke weighed 464 pounds with one gallon of gas. It is so due to the heft I have removed coupled with the lightweight aftermarket replacement parts. How it got that way is explained in a previous post but I'm currently too tired to look for it and must go to bed! Doyle

Yes my inquisitive colleague, on a certified racing scale, the Superbyke weighed 464 pounds with one gallon of gas. It is so due to the heft I have removed coupled with the lightweight aftermarket replacement parts. How it got that way is explained in a previous post but I'm currently too tired to look for it and must go to bed! Doyle

Ok 250 lbs you going to need more and better weight trimming techniques than our favorite Kawasaki modder :laugh:

shervin-holes-in-frame.jpg

:whistle:

shervin-holes-in-frame.jpg

260lbs? Seriously? Can you elaborate what replacement parts made that much of a difference? 200lbs difference is a lot. Heck you could almost lift the bike up off the floor with that weight.

NO! It's 460, I'm so stupid, I was tired and messed it up....I hate myself and I'm sorry. Doyle

Back