Florida riders

Stilslo

Registered
I'm planning out a trip from Va to Florida. I'll end in the Ft. Meyers area. Can you Florida guys suggest any good roads or scenic routes I should take? I know the whole state can't be strait roads.

there's scenic routes but it's still going to be mostly straight roads. I like the beach route between Ponte Vedre and Daytona. Long and boring but once you get close to St Augustine you see the Atlantic. Not as pretty as the Gulf of Mexico but at least you can see it!!

Florida is notorious for the straight roads. So good luck with any twisties. But have fun and stay safe on the trip!!

Thanks. I'm moving down there next month. I have a feeling I'm going miss my good ole Va. roads. I'll probably cruise down the east coast and head west from Miami.

I'm planning out a trip from Va to Florida. I'll end in the Ft. Meyers area. Can you Florida guys suggest any good roads or scenic routes I should take? I know the whole state can't be strait roads.

From Va to here you'll most likely come down east coast on I95. If so yes it can be all flat. I hope you like cooking along for MILES at triple digits cuz that's what the traffic will be doing.

I've heard but not had time to go that upper west coast and panhandle have some nice roads because they are newer and freshly built but with curves. Past Orlando to Key West IT'S FLAT and STRAIGHT like my head. From a money and engineering standpoint it's easy to understand. With no hills, mntns, boulders or any obstructions in your way from point A to B than a straight line is obvious. That's Florida. Flat no obstructions, long straight roads. Just mark out some interesting spots and try to visit them. From Ft Myers a good days ride would be to Kennedy Space center. Get some pics of your bike in front of rockets and such. Take a tour inside, Space shuttle simulator and stuff. That's my next ride.

If you stumble upon some Green Swamp recommendation this is what you'll find >>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/167690-500-mile-road-trip-green-swamp.html <<<

I'm in West Palm and have officially given up trying to find any curves other than the Spanish ones on the beach.....which I honestly don't look at cuz I'm married :laugh:

From Va to here you'll most likely come down east coast on I95. If so yes it can be all flat. I hope you like cooking along for MILES at triple digits cuz that's what the traffic will be doing.

I've heard but not had time to go that upper west coast and panhandle have some nice roads because they are newer and freshly built but with curves. Past Orlando to Key West IT'S FLAT and STRAIGHT like my head. From a money and engineering standpoint it's easy to understand. With no hills, mntns, boulders or any obstructions in your way from point A to B than a straight line is obvious. That's Florida. Flat no obstructions, long straight roads. Just mark out some interesting spots and try to visit them. From Ft Myers a good days ride would be to Kennedy Space center. Get some pics of your bike in front of rockets and such. Take a tour inside, Space shuttle simulator and stuff. That's my next ride.

If you stumble upon some Green Swamp recommendation this is what you'll find >>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/167690-500-mile-road-trip-green-swamp.html <<<

I'm in West Palm and have officially given up trying to find any curves other than the Spanish ones on the beach.....which I honestly don't look at cuz I'm married :laugh:

I might be able to incorporate in half of that green swamp ride. I'll check it out on Honda trip planner when I get home. Thanks.

The Panhandle does have some nice roads if you can find them. We used to ride around the Blackwater State Park and in south Alabama.
Some curvy roads yes but no real knee draggers.

Thanks. I'm moving down there next month. I have a feeling I'm going miss my good ole Va. roads. I'll probably cruise down the east coast and head west from Miami.

Get settled in and contact me when you do so. I'm in between Naples and Ft. Myers and would be happy to show you where I and the gang ride. It will be nothing like your beloved Va back roads but fun none the less.
Where in Ft. Myers will you be and what may I ask will you be doing for employment?

Get settled in and contact me when you do so. I'm in between Naples and Ft. Myers and would be happy to show you where I and the gang ride. It will be nothing like your beloved Va back roads but fun none the less.
Where in Ft. Myers will you be and what may I ask will you be doing for employment?

I'm moving to Punta Gorda, I always tell people Ft. Meyers area because nobody's ever heard of PG. My Fiance got a job at the local hospitol, she's a nurse. As for me......I quit my good paying secure job of 18 years, during a recession, with nothing lined up:whistle: I'm a commercial construction superintendent. I've made a few contacts in PG and I think I'm going to give it a go at starting a residential remodel/service work buisness. PG is pretty affluent and mostly retirees. Might find a niche, might go broke:laugh: We'll get together when I get down and go for a ride and maybe a few cold ones:beerchug:

Take 29s instead of 95s and it'll be a much better ride:beerchug:

I'm going to stop outside of Myrtle Beach the first night and visit my mom and dad, then take the coastline to Savannah and stay there for a night before making the trip thru Florida. Going to try and make a good ride of it.

I'm moving to Punta Gorda, I always tell people Ft. Meyers area because nobody's ever heard of PG. My Fiance got a job at the local hospitol, she's a nurse. As for me......I quit my good paying secure job of 18 years, during a recession, with nothing lined up:whistle: I'm a commercial construction superintendent. I've made a few contacts in PG and I think I'm going to give it a go at starting a residential remodel/service work buisness. PG is pretty affluent and mostly retirees. Might find a niche, might go broke:laugh: We'll get together when I get down and go for a ride and maybe a few cold ones:beerchug:

Sounds good! Leap of faith for sure! I'm sure you will find work in your field as building is on going be it new or renovation. Good luck with the move!

I am from Cape Coral. I miss the area so bad.... I hate NC and hated Cali more.

We visited cape coral, nice area. I've been going to SW Florida for vacation the past 10 years or so. My fiancé and I came back from PG this past April and decided to make it home.

So, when are you coming home?

I started my Physical Evaluation Board last week :banana
Should only have about 6 months left.

I may not move back to Cape Coral depending on if I get the job of my choice but I am definitely moving back to Florida. The taxes and such in these other states are ridiculous. Yearly vehicle taxes, state income taxes, etc. They wanted me to pay 150 bucks for my bike but its waived because my home of record is Florida yearly on top of the registration. Triple that for my truck.

East Central FL has some hills and lake scenery, search Mt Dora.

Also search "Tail of the Gecko" just N of Sarsota. OK. it's not Deals Gap but no LEO the time I went.

And we can ride comfortably all winter long (and summer nights). No snow, no black ice.

East Central FL has some hills and lake scenery, search Mt Dora.

Also search "Tail of the Gecko" just N of Sarsota. OK. it's not Deals Gap but no LEO the time I went.

And we can ride comfortably all winter long (and summer nights). No snow, no black ice.

I took a look at "Tail of the Gecko", looks like I'm going to have to start doing trackdays when I get to Florida. Oh well, at least I can get rid of all my winter gear.

Back