Woolich Racing interface and EC editor issues

superspeedy

Registered
Woolich Racing interface and ECU editor issues

I bought a WoolichRacing tuning logbox, We have tried to flash Gen II Busa ECU today, but there has been couple of issues. It seems that the interface is not working.

I thought there might be something wrong during flashing ECU. Then I took everything off from the bike. But the bike could not be started, and the FI light is flashing.And there are many DTCs that the shoftware showed. The most wierd thing is the TPS is almost 100%.

And the status light of tuning interface is flashing sometime once I connect interface to laptop.

Is the "LF" of th switch is ECU data mode, and the other side is flashing mode right?

I followed the process as below:

1. got all wires connected
2. put the switch to "LF" and connected the interface to laptop
3. open a stock map as Hayabusa K8
4. made changes in fuel map and limiter, set softcut at 12000rpm and add abit more fuel at higher than 11300 rpm
5. put the switch to another side
6. flash ECU

But there was a error note come up when I tried to flash, verify checksum and veryfy/read, it said: Unexpected or missing ECU response during initialization. Verify aborted, reset ecu and retry.1 0. And sometime error note is:unexpected or missing ECU response durig initialization. Programming aborted, reset ECU and reprogram.0 0

The most wierd thing is that the bike can not be started at all even I got all wires disconnected from ECU.

This is my first to flash stock ECU. Anyone can instruct me a proper procedure of using ECU editor to flash stock ECU?

Thank you so much!!!!

I have not seen that error on my setup or read about it in my research (that I recall). I seem to recall a troubleshooting section in on of the .pdf files with common issues. It has been a couple of months since I installed mine but you symptoms sound familiar. I would bet it is a connector not being seated properly. I have been datalogging and flashed about a half a dozen times. Don't panic. I am sure it is something simple.

I would go back through the wiring diagram and ensure everthing is correct and the wires/connectors are seated. It is possible Greg may have run across this before... I would shoot him and email and PM.

http://www.woolichracing.com/Documents/LogBox_User_Guide.pdf
Engine Data mode: Towards the Molex 8 pin connector (harness) end of the LogBox
Flash Mode: Towards the USB end of the LogBox

I will see if I can find the troubleshooting guide I remember.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Some of the best information I have found is here: Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Gen II - ECU hacking
You might want to search or post your symptoms on the forum!!!

I would try flashing it back to stock make no changes. Also just making sure but when you move the flasher to FLASH you should not hear the fuel pump prime when key on and the engine kill switch on.

Pull up the software. Go to Bike Interface. Install the com port drivers. Go back to File. Open up a K8(15H) map. Go back to Bike Interface and go to Setup Com port. Pick a port and go to Connect for Engine Data. Put your switch on the black box away from the connector, make sure you have a connection while you are on this screen. Press the momentary switch on the wire. Build your map, make your changes, throw the switch on the box the other way, and Flash the Ecu. Press the momentary button one more time before you start the flash. . . . let me know if that works :whistle:

Thank you!

I think have not flanything to the stock ECU because the error note came up when the progress indicator pop up. But the bike can not be started , and there are many fault codes, those are C13,14, 15,21, 22, 23, 24, and 29.

Thank you!

I think have not flanything to the stock ECU because the error note came up when the progress indicator pop up. But the bike can not be started , and there are many fault codes, those are C13,14, 15,21, 22, 23, 24, and 29.

IAP sensor, TP sensor, ECT sensor, IAT sensor, AP sensor, TO sensor, CKP sensor and the STP sensor. Sure sounds like a wiring issue. Check the two main plugs going into the ecu, make sure they are in all the way. If not, start looking around. Thats a lot of codes/sensors . . . something not plugged in, a connection to the battery is loose, whatever. Should be pretty obvious . . .:whistle:

SS- were you able to establish any communication with the ecu? You would see this on the engine data screen. If not, were you getting the same error code, or some other code?

I dont think I really got comunication with ECU, same error codes. And I have tried to read the ECU data by Piasini equipments, it didnt work either. But we successed to flash a bike by this equipment before. I think there would be problem abou the ECU itself. it's dead........

Back