Good Color Scheme? Suggestions?

07R6R

Registered
This weekend I low sided my bike due to some dirt/sand in the middle of a 90* turn. Anywho the right side suffered some minor rash, nothing terrible, but enough to piss me off and want to do something about it. I have been reading about people using Rust-oleum bed liner as a cheap fix, and honestly it doesn't look all that bad. Unfortunately, they only have 2 colors in this type of paint; black, and desert brown/tan. So the hamster started turning in my head and I thought about doing a military schemed bike, and wait until I can save up for some new plastics (which honestly aren't a major concern of mine because if I low side again I don't want to throw $500 out the window) So, had a little free time the other day at work and did this on paint. The color here was MS Paint's stock "brown" color. I believe this would be a darker brown if I were to paint it.

Have any of you used bed liner as a cheap fix? If so how is the durability and how's it holding up?

What do you guys think?

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I had thought about that as well, because I can find replacement plastics for around $120, which is an option.

Crap. Guess you should've traded for the scuffed up R1! :laugh:

Seriously, don't do yellow.. :puke:

The first day I had my '06 I dropped it at a stop sign. Minor scratching on brake side fairing. I put 36K miles on it that way.

Crap. Guess you should've traded for the scuffed up R1! :laugh:

Seriously, don't do yellow.. :puke:

LOL. After putting an exhaust/Bazzaz/ and a bunch of other crap since that thread I'm stuck with this one...LMAO.

It's not yellow, it's a desert brown/tan color. (If I were going to choose this option)

NO to the brown... YES to the black :thumbsup:

Yea shoulda traded for the R1 because it's right side was already scuffed :laugh:

Thought about plasti-dip? They have a few colors on the web site and ya can peel it off if you don't like it. I'd tho some clear over it if ya do white tho, it tends to hold dirt in the texture.

Rooster I have actually read up on it and I am finding that it's not a real durable finish and fades quite easily. If I do go that route I will certainly stay away from white!

Thought about plasti-dip? They have a few colors on the web site and ya can peel it off if you don't like it. I'd tho some clear over it if ya do white tho, it tends to hold dirt in the texture.

Man this would come in handy for them times when you were going a little to fast and :whistle:
White? no my motorcycle is Gerber Baby Chit Green :dunno:

Rooster I have actually read up on it and I am finding that it's not a real durable finish and fades quite easily. If I do go that route I will certainly stay away from white!

Buddies Vette wheels are still goin strong a year later and my wheels have are good 6 weeks and plenty of good scubbings later.

Yankee-:moon:

Well I went ahead and just stuck with black. I painted the Mids, Lowers, and Nose pieces. I think it looks great! Sorta makes me want to do the rest of the bike. I'll wait through and see how it holds up.

Well I went ahead and just stuck with black. I painted the Mids, Lowers, and Nose pieces. I think it looks great! Sorta makes me want to do the rest of the bike. I'll wait through and see how it holds up.

Came out great! :thumbsup:

Thanks bud. I think it looks pretty good too. I hope it lasts. However it looks better versus the rash that was on it yesterday!

i dig the finish on the black but i wouldn't mind seeing the desert cammy look. :whistle:

Back