need new clutches

cerebusa

Registered
Im running full synth oil, I see some say cant use with synth Oil? Which clutch would work? Been looking at Barnetts. Wheres a good price? Help need to do this asap. Mike

Sorry at work and boss was yakking at me. Im almost at end of travel. It grabs immediately when clutched. Do I need to replace all plates, metal and friction or just friction? Whiche brand is best, and prices. Also I dont drag race or beat on it that hard. It is a 03 with 43k mi. I saw at several places that cant use with synt oil? WTF. I need some help here. Thanks again< Mike

Ok so From what I am seeing, cant use Kevlar discs in synth oil? What other kind and Where to get? Anyone???

Buy stock or give a.p.e a try. I haven't ran the ape but been reading good things about them.

Motorcycle grade synthetic is good to use. Car synthetic is to slippery and can ruin the clutch.

I have been using Napa Brand Fully Synthethic oil right off the shelf for years. I use same oil in my bike as my truck, wifes car and high hp bikes alike. the oil has never caused slippage, bearings and all parts look like new when torn down for winter freshening ups..I have used slick 50 before in the bikes and picked up et and MPH, don't believe everything you read on the net.. Stock clutches and napa fully synthtic oil, been low 20 sixty foots and still on same clutch pack i ride on the street and dragraced with for 2 seasons..

Motorcycle grade synthetic is good to use. Car synthetic is to slippery and can ruin the clutch.

I have been using Napa Brand Fully Synthethic oil right off the shelf for years. I use same oil in my bike as my truck, wifes car and high hp bikes alike. the oil has never caused slippage, bearings and all parts look like new when torn down for winter freshening ups..I have used slick 50 before in the bikes and picked up et and MPH, don't believe everything you read on the net.. Stock clutches and napa fully synthtic oil, been low 20 sixty foots and still on same clutch pack i ride on the street and dragraced with for 2 seasons..

What weight and blend, its the high mileage/long life/crap that ive read about causing slipping. rotella doesn't have that junk and alot of high hp turbo bikes run it.

I've always had the best luch with new stock frictions/steels and Barnett springs. No problems from stock up to heavily modified.

Back